Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maclin for Bowe

Default Maclin for Bowe

So everyone on the internet is saying the chiefs are crazy for giving Maclin this 11 mil per year contract. The way I look at it is, Bowe was making 14 million. We upgraded players and saved 3 million? Sounds like a bargain to me.

Yeah...It appears Bowe is gone. PITY. I was hoping that with both him and Maclin the competition from Maclin would put pressure on Bowe to improve his performance I think they could have been pretty dynamic together. But I have to assume that we couldn't afford to keep his contract and that Bowe was not willing to make enough pay concessions for Reid/Dorsey to feel we could keep him. A business decision by both Bowe and the Chiefs. Nothing more. Maclin and Avant doesn't exactly sound like a bad combo to me though. And there is a lot of depth at WR in the draft this year and we're going to have a quite a boatload of picks this year. So losing Bowe does not worry me too much.

strong???? who?????

ok well we still dont have a number 1 reciever!!!!!!!!!!! MACLIN IS NOT A #1 RECEIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is no better then Bowe just a little cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    ok well we still dont have a number 1 reciever!!!!!!!!!!! MACLIN IS NOT A #1 RECEIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is no better then Bowe just a little cheaper.
    Depends on which Maclin we see on the field. His numbers last year WERE #1 receiver numbers. 1,300+ yards. 85 receptions. 15.5 yards per catch. 71% completion rate on targets. Those are good numbers. Then there are his pre-injury numbers. When he played for Reid they were very much like Bowe's last year. The theoretical advantage to Maclin is that he has surer hands and better speed.

What he does on the field will almost assuredly come down to the types of plays Reid calls.

We shall see.

yes he had those with another good receiver.. Bowe had good numbers too when we had another descent receiver.. Maclin will do no better then Bowe, maybe worse due to his size.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Depends on which Maclin we see on the field. His numbers last year WERE #1 receiver numbers. 1,300+ yards. 85 receptions. 15.5 yards per catch. 71% completion rate on targets. Those are good numbers. Then there are his pre-injury numbers. When he played for Reid they were very much like Bowe's last year. The theoretical advantage to Maclin is that he has surer hands and better speed.

What he does on the field will almost assuredly come down to the types of plays Reid calls.

We shall see.
    With Maclin the numbers don't tell the whole truth...He was opposite DeSean Jackson on some of those Reid years. Also, if you look at what happened with Avant last year, and how he was able to step in and make some things happen, and how some of it was rubbing off on Wilson, too. Reid/Dorsey's way of dealing with the WR situation might have been going after experience moreso than anything else (at least in free agency).

Still expect to see a couple of WR's get taken in the draft, though. As much as I think Maclin's an upgrade over Bowe, we still need another legitmate threat at WR to really bust things open in the passing game.

Hey mr negativity do you like any player on this team? Your complaining in another thread that we didnt overpay husdson who is good but overrated. If we overpay everyone like hudson we couldnt fill a roster. Maclin is a #1 wr and either way you look at it hes an upgrade over bowe. So you say hes overpaid but id rather overpay maclin than an overrated center who is now the highest paid center in the nfl.

I say we resign avant and draft a wr in the 1st or 2nd round.

Thats funny because I'm not the only one that feels this way.. And yes we should have Kept Hudson...I am picky and fussy about the players because I actually do care if we win games and how many we win and if we make the payoffs and win the SB.. Ive been watching the Chiefs since 1972 I do know and I do care whats happening with players.. TY...

Don't buy into all of the crap other people on forums are saying man... Every team would love to have maclin, but since he didn't sign with their team, they all say he's not a #1. Please do me a favor and watch his highlights and tell me he's not a #1 receiver. His route running is impeccable, so is his speed and hands. I am glad you are not in control of this team. I bet you also think Jordy Nelson and TY Hilton are #1 receivers. Maclin put up similar numbers to them WITH MARK SANCHEZ.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast