Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maclin for Bowe

Default Maclin for Bowe

So everyone on the internet is saying the chiefs are crazy for giving Maclin this 11 mil per year contract. The way I look at it is, Bowe was making 14 million. We upgraded players and saved 3 million? Sounds like a bargain to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    We still have Smith, and a run first offense, therefore we know Maclin will not have the same numbers that he had last year. But I bet he will catch some td passes.
    This and i think smith will be more open to throw it downfield if he can build some trust with maclin and his wrs. I think they wanted to open it up last year in the 1st game where charles only got 7 touches bit we did t have the receivers to do it with. I think with smith its all about trust. I think it was obvious that he didnt trust his recievers andi dont think reid did either.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    This and i think smith will be more open to throw it downfield if he can build some trust with maclin and his wrs. I think they wanted to open it up last year in the 1st game where charles only got 7 touches bit we did t have the receivers to do it with. I think with smith its all about trust. I think it was obvious that he didnt trust his recievers andi dont think reid did either.
    I agree completely. Assuming that Reid opens things up a bit, if Smith has some success getting the ball downfield I think he'll become quite comfortable throwing longer passes. And with 2 targets available I think he'll have more success.

Has anyoe noticed no ones giving any respect to the maclin signing. I have the nfl network on all the time and i ha ent heard them talk about ot at all. Its all the damn eagles news over and over. Do they realize there more than just 2 or 3 tes kn the nfl? Not expecti g a whole segment on the chiefs but they should show some love to all the teams.

That never changes.

Has anyoe noticed no ones giving any respect to the maclin signing. I have the nfl network on all the time and i ha ent heard them talk about ot at all. Its all the damn eagles news over and over. Do they realize there more than just 2 or 3 tes kn the nfl? Not expecti g a whole segment on the chiefs but they should show some love to all the teams.
    Oh yes, I've noticed. Adam Schein thinks they've spent foolishly on Maclin & so do many others. Time will tell, of course, but none of us can deny the Chiefs needed a to bring in an established veteran WR like Maclin, that can take the top off a Defense, as well as draft a couple of WR's. There's no getting around that, and Dorsey and Reid knew that.

The Maclin signing does give them a bit more flexibility with who they take in round 1 of the 2015 draft. I'm never against taking some quality BEEF in round 1 (O-Lineman or Defensive Front 7 player), and we know Dorsey and Reid aren't, either.

No doubt in my mind the Maclin signing was a good one. The way it was structured was very team friendly for a team that has cap problems. The $3.4 million cap number this year was GREAT for us and the fact that we can cut him after the 2016 season and save $5 million in cap space is also great for us. *IF* we can also keep Bowe and Avant the need to draft a WR is GREATLY diminshed. Gives us the chance to get really serious about drafting some linemen.

So much to keeping Bowe it seems

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago Chiefs releasing WR Dwayne Bowe today.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Because Casual NFL fans don't care about the KC Chiefs, 0 playoff wins in 21 years, 0 conference Championships (lowest in the AFC West), 8 division titles (lowest in the AFC West), 16 playoff berths (lowest in the AFC West), 1 Super Bowl win. KC is a small market. Big markets and bigger names will always ALWAYS get more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So much to keeping Bowe it seems

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago Chiefs releasing WR Dwayne Bowe today.
    The amount of times i read "Chiefs Releasing Bowe today/this week/sometime next week" i don't know if i believe it

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The amount of times i read "Chiefs Releasing Bowe today/this week/sometime next week" i don't know if i believe it
    Bowe has tweeted this statement so I think it's finally the day
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast