Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maclin for Bowe

Default Maclin for Bowe

So everyone on the internet is saying the chiefs are crazy for giving Maclin this 11 mil per year contract. The way I look at it is, Bowe was making 14 million. We upgraded players and saved 3 million? Sounds like a bargain to me.

Maclin is better than bows and cheaper in my opinion so that sounds like a win win to me

Better in what way, we won't know until Maclin comes to KC and plays a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Better in what way, we won't know until Maclin comes to KC and plays a full season.
    Faster, better route runner, better hands. So pretty much in every way. Though he has been hurt a few times. I still think his skill set is better, he is younger, and we are paying him LESS than Bowe. Therefore I think it was a good deal on the chiefs part.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    True but it just depends on what you consider better qnd anything is better than what we had. Either way i still say we draft a wr with our 1st round pick. I think our offense could be scary with charles, maclin, kelce, Thomas, 1st round pick wr. All we have to do in the laterrounds is sure up our oline.

I'm drooling thinking about Maclin, Strong, Lockett, Wilson, DAT and Rogers as our receivers

I actually would like us to get Landon Collins.... Pair him up with Berry (if he comes back) Would be nasty.

Best part of Maclin for me is he had the lowest drop rate of any receiver last year.(cough cough Bowe, Avery others cough) that pretty much seals it for me everything else about him is just a bonus

As a BIG Mu fan I am thrilled to have him a Chief.

Being realistic about Maclin, he had an AMAZING YEAR last year. But prior to that playing for Andy Reid, his numbers weren't all that much different than Bowe's have been playing for Reid. So IMO the jury is still out on how good an acquistion this was. And he has had some injury issues. So those are the downsides.

But on the upside, he's cheaper than Bowe. And he has better hands than Bowe.

So IMO the ABSOLUTE WORST we got out of this was fairly equal production for a lot less money. From what I have read on the net we're going to pay Maclin somewhere between $8 and $11 million per year thereby saving somewhere between $3 and $6 million on the cap. For me all Maclin has to do is look like Bowe version 2.0 to have been a good purchase. That's the upside.

Then there is the "I HOPE! MAYBE!" What if he has 2 or 3 seasons like last year? Then Dorsey and Reid look like geniouses!

One other thing I will mention, is that I think Maclin is excited about working for Reid again. A lot of players really seem to like to work for Reid. So crazy as it sounds, maybe Maclin was willing to take a little less cash to work for Reid than he might have gotten somewhere else. I mean...when you start talking about $8 million or more per year what difference does $1 million make? I know that over the years I've had some GREAT bosses and some TERRIBLE ones. I'd go back to work for one of the good ones and HAPPILY take a little less money to do so rather than go to work for one of the terrible ones or even an unknown one. So I think it is possible that having Reid as coach may have been the main reason we're getting Maclin and may even save us a little extra money. And that is important this year.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast