Thread: Details of Tamba's Retructure

Default Details of Tamba's Retructure

The Kansas City Chiefs worked out a deal to keep Tamba Hali in Kansas City and now CBS Sports Joel Corry has details on what they did to make it happen.

The bottom line for right now is that the Chiefs get $7 million more in salary cap space. That's a sizable chunk and will help the Chiefs this year. The Chiefs could have cut Hali and saved $9 million against the cap before they re-worked it. They have some dead money next year but for 2015 the Chiefs get salary cap relief.

The Chiefs will need to be under the cap by the start of free agency at 3 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) on Tuesday.

The Kansas City Chiefs worked out a deal to keep Tamba Hali in Kansas City and now CBS Sports Joel Corry has details on what they did to make it happen.

The bottom line for right now is that the Chiefs get $7 million more in salary cap space. That's a sizable chunk and will help the Chiefs this year. The Chiefs could have cut Hali and saved $9 million against the cap before they re-worked it. They have some dead money next year but for 2015 the Chiefs get salary cap relief.

The Chiefs will need to be under the cap by the start of free agency at 3 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) on Tuesday.

TopekaRoy is my hero!

Now That's a classy football player and I'm honored to have him on the team.

Thank You, Tamba Hali that is mighty cool of you.

Hell Yeah Tamba! Go out there and win you a ring! That's the type of selflessness this team needed to get to that next level!

Wish more players had the same attitude as Hali, he will retire as a Chiefs legend !

One thing I want from Hali.

The next time Ryan Clady or any other Donkey's OT holds him, then I want Hali to kick that culprits testicles up to their chin.

Ever since that 2012 game in KC (where Hali was putting constant pressure on Manning), the Donkey's LT have been able to hold him and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

The next time Ryan Clady or any other Donkey's OT holds him, then I want Hali to kick that culprits testicles up to their chin.

Ever since that 2012 game in KC (where Hali was putting constant pressure on Manning), the Donkey's LT have been able to hold him and get away with it.
    I mostly agree with you demps....but how about kicking their testicles through the top of their skull? A little bit of "Law Enforcement" would be worth a penalty or two. Way back when professional hockey teams used to have a designated "enforcer". The Chiefs could use one on both the D and O line.

In a violent sport, a little bit of good old-fashioned FEAR is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

As long as their d-bag Oline coach Gibbs is coaching the same leg-whipping BS...I'm cool with that.