Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All this negativity on Justin Houston isn't justified.

Default All this negativity on Justin Houston isn't justified.

Justin Houston played 4 incredible years for us 3x pro-bowler and almost defensive player of the year. His stat line is just shy of every chiefs fans favorite player of all time DT! He has performed at this level for almost the league minimum for 4 years!!! He asked last year for a contract renegtioation which would have been much cheaper but the chiefs told him no. I think he's got every right to try tactics to get paid as much as he can from the chiefs. The only time I will doubt Justin Houston is when he's not there for opening week in shape and ready to play his heart out. BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY THING HES EVER DONE FOR US! Screw 2 first round picks. J.H. Is Definately worth at least a #1 overall and more.

Houston on has been nothing shy of great for bare minimum. It's time he gets paid! He's a team player and a good role model. Unless you know JH personally, you probably have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. He cares about his teamates (Berry is proof of that) and his fans, he just wants to be paid

PAY THE MAN!

He can get paid elsewhere cause KC just doesn't have it to give

He deserves to get paid, absolutely yes he does. But the amount is the gripe I have, why does he need to strive to be the highest paid defensive player ever ? Will he not make enough from a contract that will still pay him very well but just not the astronomical figure he will demand and the Chiefs probably won't be able to afford?

I'm trying to put myself in his shoes, if I was drafted by a team who gave me the opportunity and believed in me I'd still like to be paid well but I'd defiantly consider taking less from that team rather than making all these demands and threats to try and squeeze every last $ out of the franchise.

Besides what would a slight financial sacrifice mean to an already soon to be rich player ? One less luxury Ferrari ? a couple of less bedrooms on the mansion ? It just irks me to see players, admittedly not just Houston try to squeeze every last cent out of a franchise whilst the fans use a seizable amount of their income to pay for tickets, tv packages & a wide range of merchandise. Players in sports used to be relatable and where loyal to teams, now it's just how much money their agents can manage to get and they will leave to the highest bidder.

I agree 100%

There's a lot of talk out there now that comes with Houston. And it's just that TALK. I've said it over and over again you here these things with good players all the time. It's all about trying to get the upper hand in the contract talks. Nothing more.

Houston deserves to be a highly paid player. Lets all just take a moment to think HE BROKE DERRICK THOMA"S record for sacks. YES HE BROKE A RECORD SET BY #58 it would be foolish just to let him go without doing EVERYTHING you possibly can to keep him for a LONG time.

Take a step back people. It's just talk.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Derrick Thomas well always be better IMO

Yep!!!! I could not agree more. He has done more for us then anyone could have imagined. Like you mentioned he played his heart out and was not properly compensated. He is not Derrick Thomas but he is the closest thing to him that we have had.

Here are some comparisons in their first 4 years:

DT 58, RIP....................... 58 sacks, 281 tackles

Justin Houstin................. 48.5 sacks, 198 tackles

Tamba Hali..................... 27 sacks, 176 tackles

I agree, pay the man!!!! With our offense being lead by Alex Smith we need the number 1 defense and Houstin can help us with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    He deserves to get paid, absolutely yes he does. But the amount is the gripe I have, why does he need to strive to be the highest paid defensive player ever ? Will he not make enough from a contract that will still pay him very well but just not the astronomical figure he will demand and the Chiefs probably won't be able to afford?

I'm trying to put myself in his shoes, if I was drafted by a team who gave me the opportunity and believed in me I'd still like to be paid well but I'd defiantly consider taking less from that team rather than making all these demands and threats to try and squeeze every last $ out of the franchise.

Besides what would a slight financial sacrifice mean to an already soon to be rich player ? One less luxury Ferrari ? a couple of less bedrooms on the mansion ? It just irks me to see players, admittedly not just Houston try to squeeze every last cent out of a franchise whilst the fans use a seizable amount of their income to pay for tickets, tv packages & a wide range of merchandise. Players in sports used to be relatable and where loyal to teams, now it's just how much money their agents can manage to get and they will leave to the highest bidder.
    You have no clue that that's what Houston wants. You just listen to the media like its gospel

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    You have no clue that that's what Houston wants. You just listen to the media like its gospel
    If he wasn't asking for an astronomical amount of money do you think his future would still be up in the air ? By all accounts he wants a deal that is larger than Suh's 6yr $118 million contract. For example a 6 year $80 million deal would be instantly rejected by Houston and his camp, but if he did theoretically take that deal he would be richer than 99.9% of people could ever dream of being and he'd be showing loyalty to the team he was drafted by and their fans whilst still getting paid very very well for his services.
    Last edited by Lewis_Chiefs; 03-10-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Lets keep in mind Justin Houstin made less then 2.8 million over four years. Yes he signed the contract but we all know he over achieved by 400 to 500 percent. The Chiefs should have scrapped is contract no later then the beginning of year 3.

Tell me this if you were Justin Houston and you came on a fan site to see what "your fans" were saying about you and all you came to read was everyone saying goodbye and how much they'd love 2 new unproven players to replace you how would that make you feel? I'd make me feel like I wanted to be somewhere else I'd tell you that much.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast