Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Aquire Grubbs from Saints

Default Chiefs Aquire Grubbs from Saints

Reportedly traded 5th round pick this year, saw it on Bleacher Report

only accounts for 6.6 million against the cap. I guess I shouldn't say only but he is one year removed from being a pro bowl guard. Like the addition especially with our compensation picks coming.

Quote Originally Posted by CabbageHATCHkid View Post
    only accounts for 6.6 million against the cap. I guess I shouldn't say only but he is one year removed from being a pro bowl guard. Like the addition especially with our compensation picks coming.

eh, pro bowl shouldn't be something you look at (remember Pro Bowl Matt Cassel). The worse things I hear about the guy is Age/contract/decline in play.

Yup decline in production hopefully a change of scenery will help

man lots of negativity on bringing in an upgrade no matter how u spin it. The dude is better than anything we had at Guard. Im excited.

Quote Originally Posted by CabbageHATCHkid View Post
    man lots of negativity on bringing in an upgrade no matter how u spin it. The dude is better than anything we had at Guard. Im excited.

? what negativity

Since it is a trade, there is no guaranteed money. If he stinks this year, we could cut him and have no dead money. Right now we are "over" the cap. I wonder if we will negotiate a new contract with Grubbs to reduce his cap hit and give him some job security, or if we will hear about other cuts coming up.

For just a 5th round pick we got a started at one of the guard positions for a few years. We also have a healthy Allen, Fulton (who I thought was ok for a rookie), and Fanaika competing for the other spot. We should have some quality depth and talent at the OG position this year. That means in the draft we only need to focus on C and OT (assuming they arent happy with Stephenson since he could replace Harris last year).

EDIT TO ADD: I just saw we released Bowe. So we are ok on the cap front. We are actually like 300k under the cap. So we will still need to make up at LEAST $4mil to cover our draft picks.
    Last edited by jap1; 03-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.

I see a chase daniel pay cut in the future to help with salary cap

I won't say one bad word about adding O-Line! We surely need help there. With Maclin locked in, I think O-line is our greatest area of need so bringing in a couple of vets plus being aggressive early on for O-line makes sense. With Bowe gone though we still need to grab a WR or two. But we have a lot of picks to play with this year.

Hopefully we will be dumping Berries deal soon so we gain 8 mill in cap space. It pisses me off we lose Hudson and keep paying Berry RFI him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast