Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock draft threads

Default Mock draft threads

Round 2 Pick 1 (TENN): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A)
    Round 3 Pick 2 (TENN): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 16: Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (DAL): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 1 (TENN): Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 19: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 2 (TENN): Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (C+)
    Round 5 Pick 12 (N.O.): Austin Shepherd, OT, Alabama (B)
    Round 5 Pick 18: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (A)
    Round 6 Pick 17: Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 16: Shaquille Riddick
    , DE/OLB, West Virginia (C+)

Seems like a lot of picks its really only 13 which is two more than we are projected to have. I tried to package some picks and move up throughout but none worked out. Not likely that we would make this many deals but trades I accepted made sense and the player the team moved up to get follows
    Saints moved up to get Maxx Williams, maybe a little early but makes sense. Tennessee moved up to get Kendricks, I questioned it but who am I to judge, they pair Kendricks with Williams on defense and have two young play makers.

Overall thought the draft was fun, the extra picks gave me flexibility to take Gordon, can u imagine him learning under Jamal. This draft would be insanely rated by experts. Surprised Strong fell but ill take it.

What you think. Overall got an A on the draft

Il give it an f only cuz why would we trade back to gain more picks? Were going to have 11 picks already. Do you think 11 rookies plus any undrafted are all gling to make the team? Why rb in 2nd when we have davis behind charles.?

We need to trade up in every round to make sure we get quality over quantity.

Since we have had some new signings, and a trade, I have updated my original draft, which also includes projected compensatory picks.

1-18 Cameron Erving, C, FSU
    2-17 Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
    3-18 Tyler Lockett, WR, KSU
    3-comp Jaquiski Tartt, SS, Samford
    4-19 Austin Shepherd, OT, Ala
    5-18 Traded to NO for OG Ben Grubbs
    5-comp Taiwan Jones, ILB, Mich State
    5-comp Blake Bell, TE, OU
    6-17 Jeremiah Poutasi, OG, Utah
    7-16 Jordan Taylor, WR, Rice
    7-comp BPA

Strong:
    STRENGTHS

Good combination of height, weight and arm length for the position. Former high school basketball player who knows how to keep defenders on his hip. Drives back to the ball from top of the route. Adjusts routes in space. Developed nifty inside release to defeat press. Comfortable from slot, using varying route tempo for separation. Tracks ball well. Good strength in hands and makes contested catches. Decent leaper who will climb the ladder for a catch or sink and secure low throw. Strong lower body and physical after catch. Sun Devils used him frequently on shallow crossers, bubble screens and hitches.WEAKNESSES

Still raw and learning to play the position. Allows too many throws into his frame and ball will beat him up at times on crossers. Not twitchy or sudden as an athlete. Long-strider who takes a while to build up speed. Play speed average at best. Rarely gets separation deep against man-to-man. Routes need improvement. Forced to make a substantial amount of contested throws. Corners don't fear his speed and are able to sit on underneath throws.

I'm not sold on a slow guy that cant get separation (Bowe) or on a guy that has issues with slants because hey were the NFL thats 75% of successful passes.

I do like Lockett but with having DAT is he necessary? 4th rd or 5th rd pick for him would be good. As for strong I wouldnt take hime before bottom of 2nd rd at best.

Strong will be gone no later than the top of the 2nd. If not Lockett I like Rashad Greene and Nelson Agholor too so we have option in the first 3 rounds for a WR if that what they wanna do

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I do like Lockett but with having DAT is he necessary? 4th rd or 5th rd pick for him would be good. As for strong I wouldnt take hime before bottom of 2nd rd at best.
    of the little guys, i like dorsett better than lockett, but don't think either will be targeted. think they will look for a possesion receiver or 2

I think Lockett is more than a slot receiver

well---he can return kicks. i think dorsett might be able to play on the outside, but not lockett.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast