Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how much do these affect the draft??

Default how much do these affect the draft??

Do you guys think bringing in the o-line guys and Maclin and resigning our own guys will help take some pressure off in the draft or do you think they will stick to the same agenda??

I think it leaves them more likely to draft best player available (BPA) instead of for need.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I think it leaves them more likely to draft best player available (BPA) instead of for need.
    I second this. No doubt that Dorsey/Reids blueprint is to address needs in FA and draft BPA. Never know who could fall to them at #18 that people thought wasn't going to be available at that slot.

Of coarse my dumb self predicted they wouldn't sign anybody in FA so that show how stupid I am. I'm kinda hoping they draft C Erving or TE Maxx Williams in the 1st and then get Agholor or Lockett in the 2nd or 3rd round

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Of coarse my dumb self predicted they wouldn't sign anybody in FA so that show how stupid I am. I'm kinda hoping they draft C Erving or TE Maxx Williams in the 1st and then get Agholor or Lockett in the 2nd or 3rd round
    You weren't being dumb. You just thought what many of us thought -- that cap space would be limited just like last year. Just turns out that this year, the Chiefs brass made cap space by cutting out the deadwood.

I think exactly what N TX said. They have done a good job of filling a lot of holes and we will really be able to go BPA, OR package picks together to move up.

I have to say I am shocked and impressed with the FA period. I was sure we would only be able to get one FA and then sign a bunch of depth guys. I was convinced we would have a stagnant year because of our cap situation. With the Hali and DeVito pay cuts, and cutting Bowe we were able to make enough space to make a splash in FA.

The interior of the OL seems significantly improved with the addition of Fanaika and especially Grubbs. We even have some quality depth on the interior so we don't have a repeat. Our only question is whether Kush is starting caliber, and if we have a good RT on the roster.

At WR, I am going to be very happy with Maclin, Avant, Wilson and DAT. Add in some depth via the draft, and it feel that is a solid crew. We don't NEED to take a WR in the first, but I wouldn't object to it, even if they packaged some picks to move up and grab one of the top 3.

TE seems pretty solid with Kelce, Harris and Gordon.

RB is pretty solid as well with JC and KD. I would like to see some depth here, but KD has shown he can handle a full load on his own decently, especially if he keeps working on pass catching and blocking.

In the secondary, we have 3 solid safeties, Smith coming back and hopefully Gaines will continue to improve. We could use some more depth at CB and/or a solid NB.

At OLB we have 3 really good players (assuming Houston stays) and I think we are set with DJ and Mauga next to him on 1st and 2nd down. We could definitely use some depth and a young ILB to groom as DJ's heir and for depth.

On the DL, we have Devito, Bailey, and Poe starting with Howard, Catapano, and Worthy as solid rotational depth. I'd like to see another NT to give Poe a breather more often, but it's a pretty solid crew.

So, overall, I think we have a very competitive team.

The way I see it, we have the following needs:

Starters:
    C?, RT?, WR?

Depth:
    OT, C, CB, ILB, NT, WR

So we can probably go any direction in the draft.

Also with all this spending I'm hoping sign Sean Smith to an extension sometime soon. It would be awesome if Trae Wayne's or P.J. Williams fell to us cause that would give us an elite Corner combo

My best remaining Free Agents I would like to see KC sign

WR- Cecil Shorts 2011 4th round pick by the Jags 27 years old and has caught at least 50 passes the past 3 seasons I believe he would fit nicely in this system.

RT- Joe Barksdale played for the Rams Mauling Run Blocker rated the 11th best run blocking Tackle last season and he is only 27 years old. My thinking on this is we could draft 2 or 3 linemen and learn from these guys

My best remaining Free Agents I would like to see KC sign

WR- Cecil Shorts 2011 4th round pick by the Jags 27 years old and has caught at least 50 passes the past 3 seasons I believe he would fit nicely in this system.

RT- Joe Barksdale played for the Rams Mauling Run Blocker rated the 11th best run blocking Tackle last season and he is only 27 years old. My thinking on this is we could draft 2 or 3 linemen and learn from these guys
    I like your idea on Cecil Shorts because he has had a QB carousel practically every year and still managed to put up decent numbers. Though I don't see us going after any more receivers in FA, if we go WR again it will be in the draft.

With our cap space, I assumed it'd be like last year, which was sort of like exchanging vanilla, so don't feel alone.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Definitely. If a surprise player falls to us in the draft this year, we've got the extra picks this time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast