Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how much do these affect the draft??

Default how much do these affect the draft??

Do you guys think bringing in the o-line guys and Maclin and resigning our own guys will help take some pressure off in the draft or do you think they will stick to the same agenda??

Alot of analyst are saying if mariota drops that far chiefs could be a landing spot. I dont see it happening or nor would I want it. But it is one of the rumors flying around the league

That is good for us, if by chance he does drop to us someone that wants him (think Philly) they will be willing to give us some more draft picks to move up and get him, that is unless Andy really wants him.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    That is good for us, if by chance he does drop to us someone that wants him (think Philly) they will be willing to give us some more draft picks to move up and get him, that is unless Andy really wants him.
    We dont need to trade back we need to trade up if anything. We already have enough picks this year. 11 picks isnt going to make the team as it is already.

Quality over quantity.

I has seemed like if a team wants to trade up they spend less for it at least thats been the trend the last couple of drafts, i wouldnt mortgage the teams future though, but if they could get in the top 10 for 2 or 3 picks i would be fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Alot of analyst are saying if mariota drops that far chiefs could be a landing spot. I dont see it happening or nor would I want it. But it is one of the rumors flying around the league
    I know we have other needs, but if Mariota falls to us I would think the brass would think long and hard about taking him. Experts say he has all the tools, he just needs a couple years to put it all together, and he has off the charts football IQ. Could be just like when the Aaron Rodgers fell to the Packers when they had Brett Farve and did not need a QB. That turned out pretty well for them, and I think Mariota would be a stud in a couple/few years, especially learning from Alex Smith. But I doubt he will make it out of the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I has seemed like if a team wants to trade up they spend less for it at least thats been the trend the last couple of drafts, i wouldnt mortgage the teams future though, but if they could get in the top 10 for 2 or 3 picks i would be fine with that
    Me to or trade back i to the 1st round as wellif there is someone they really like.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We dont need to trade back we need to trade up if anything. We already have enough picks this year. 11 picks isnt going to make the team as it is already.
    I am only talking a couple of places with Philly because Kelly would like to get his old college QB and if there are a couple of players Dorsey and Reid like why not, they would still go one of them.

Personally, I'm not sure Mariota will fall to #18. I'll go out on the limb and project him to the Saints at #13, as they need to get a QB to groom to replace Drew Brees because he ain't getting any younger.

One mock draft has the Chiefs taking Center Cameron Erving -- same school as Rodney Hudson, but Erving is bigger and stronger. Not a sexy pick and many Chiefs fans will be PO'd, but Erving is projected as a mid to late 1st rounder and they say he plays with a mean streak. Gotta solidify the middle of the O-Line, as their was too much pressure coming up the gut last year. That's assuming the top 3 WR's are off the board.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-15-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure Mariota will fall to #18. I'll go out on the limb and project him to the Saints at #13, as they need to get a QB to groom to replace Drew Brees because he ain't getting any younger.

One mock draft has the Chiefs taking Center Cameron Erving -- same school as Rodney Hudson, but Erving is bigger and stronger. Not a sexy pick and many Chiefs fans will be PO'd, but Erving is projected as a mid to late 1st rounder and they say he plays with a mean streak. Gotta solidify the middle of the O-Line, as their was too much pressure coming up the gut last year. That's assuming the top 3 WR's are off the board.
    I wont be mad with a center with the 1st pick. Like you said their was way to kuch pressure up the middle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast