Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movement in the draft

Default Movement in the draft

Not typically our thing, I think that could change this year. Im still loving the idea of getting Waynes but know it is a long shot to get him at 18. With Jets getting Revis I think they wont be in for Waynes, if he is still there from 10-12 what would it cost to move up and get him.

Also if we consider moving back in the draft to aquire picks and then have tons of flexibility to move up for targeted players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, what kind of return would we get if we traded back with like Baltimore at 26 or someone in that range looking to get a WR?

I would absolutely love to see KC mix it up in the draft this year. Every year its the same old stuff, we pick our picks and the Browns give up everything for POS players...lmao..

Seriously I think this would be a good draft to pick #18 on WR or Corner and trade back into 1st for a Corner or WR.

To answer some of your questions about what it would take to move around, take a look at the draft trade value chart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-trade-chart/

Basically each draft pick has a value. If you want to trade for a pick, figure out which picks you have that will add up to the value for the spot you want. This is just a guideline. Teams use this as a starting point (supposedly), but each team changed the values a little.

Also, the comp picks cannot be traded.
    Last edited by jap1; 03-16-2015 at 03:55 PM.

I can really see us moving up or down in the draft.

If we move down, I'm hoping we can get a couple picks for next year.

yes so we give up a 2nd 4th and 5th to get back to 1st rd 25th ish.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I can really see us moving up or down in the draft.

If we move down, I'm hoping we can get a couple picks for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I would absolutely love to see KC mix it up in the draft this year. Every year its the same old stuff, we pick our picks and the Browns give up everything for POS players...lmao..

Seriously I think this would be a good draft to pick #18 on WR or Corner and trade back into 1st for a Corner or WR.
    This is a good example of why my hopes are going up for this team. For once we're coming off a winning​ season, and have a lot of draft options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    yes so we give up a 2nd 4th and 5th to get back to 1st rd 25th ish.
    We would have to give up a little more. 2nd, 4th and 5th would come out to about 500 points (I cant remember exactly where we are picking in each round). That would leave us about 200 points short. Also, we already traded our 5th away.

I dont think since we traded our fifth we have enough ammunition with only a 2nd, 3rd and 4th it wouldnt be a good idea to give up all 3 of those picks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I dont think since we traded our fifth we have enough ammunition with only a 2nd, 3rd and 4th it wouldnt be a good idea to give up all 3 of those picks
    My general reaction is HELL NO! But if we knew for certain we had a deal for Houston with a 2015 1st round and a 2016 1st round then I'd tell Dorsey to go to Vegas and roll the dice. We're trying to build a powerhouse and sometimes that takes a gamble or two. If we had two extra first round picks in our back pocket I think it would be an OK gamble.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 03-17-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    My general reaction is HELL NO! But if we knew for certain we had a deal for Houston with a 2015 1st round and a 2016 1st round then I'd tell Dorsey to go to Vegas and roll the dice. We're trying to build a powerhouse and sometimes that takes a gamble or two. If we had two extra first round picks in our back pocket I think it would be an OK gamble.
    So you want to build a powerhouse by trading away your best defensive player who ks still very young?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast