Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So will Dorsey stick with his picks or try to move around?

Default So will Dorsey stick with his picks or try to move around?

So we've seen our compensatory picks...a 3rd, 2 5ths and a 6th. Despite having given up a pick to get Grubbs, these picks still create a lot of flexibility for Dorsey. He can't trade the comp picks, but having a total of 10 picks he still has 6 picks he can use for trade bait or to try to move up or down in the draft. I wonder what he is going to do?

I'm usually not in favor of giving up picks to move up in the draft, but this is a year where it might make sense. Dunno about moving up in the 1st round, but maybe there is someone special we could pick up by moving up in the second. And of course we have to find something like $4 million to pay our picks so maybe deal a couple of them to move up and also save a little cap space? Or maybe trade a few picks to move up in next years draft?

Of course, Dorsey loves his draft picks so maybe he'll just work with what he has.

I dunno. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Personally, I hope that a player that they didn't expect to be there at #18, falls right into their lap and they don't have to trade any picks.

And speaking of WR's -- don't overlook this guy in this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...0yard-clocking
    6'2", 212 lbs and ran a 4.25 time and clocked unofficially at 4.19 ?!?...

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    6'2", 212 lbs and ran a 4.25 time and clocked unofficially at 4.19 ?!?...
    Yeah...According to that article this kid is fast as greased lightning. He's been clocked by many people with times between 4.19 and 4.27. But he seems to be a little "under the radar" because he wasn't at the combine due to a hamstring injury. I don't know anything about him except what's in that article that brdempsey provided but he does seem intriguing for his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah...According to that article this kid is fast as greased lightning. He's been clocked by many people with times between 4.19 and 4.27. But he seems to be a little "under the radar" because he wasn't at the combine due to a hamstring injury. I don't know anything about him except what's in that article that brdempsey provided but he does seem intriguing for his speed.
    Did find this, warning NSFW language, might want to turn the volume down...

He doesn't have the separation Devin Smith has from what I've seen, but he makes some tough catches (sometimes in situations where other guys are more open, but the QB threw to him anyway). If for some reason he falls to later rounds would be a good pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Did find this, warning NSFW language, might want to turn the volume down...

He doesn't have the separation Devin Smith has from what I've seen, but he makes some tough catches (sometimes in situations where other guys are more open, but the QB threw to him anyway). If for some reason he falls to later rounds would be a good pickup.
    Thanks for that Eydugstr! It's a highlights film of course, but he did look to me like he was getting a step or step and a half in the open field. Short field not so much. But tough to do in a short field. Seems to me like a "prime suspect" for maybe one of Dorsey's supposed mid to-late round gold nuggets. Overall and based on my minimal knowledge, if we were to get him in the 3rd round or later I'd be pleased. That said, I REALLY want us to work on the O-line in the draft. With Maclin and Avant in hand, I think we need to make O-line our first priority.

Everybody says Smith won't/can't throw deep but I don't believe a word of it. I just think he's not willing to gamble on interceptions. Give Smith time and a receiver who has a step or two and I think he'll heave the rock.

If we could add this Perriman guy and some O-line to Maclin and Avant I think we could have a VERY POTENT passing game.

I think for the most part Dorsey will do what he always does unpredictable as usual haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I think for the most part Dorsey will do what he always does unpredictable as usual haha
    "Unpredictable" is good. Means if he talks to another team about a draft swap the other team isn't quite sure why he wants to swap. Keep the enemy on their toes.

I dont think we will trade and don't need to plenty throughout the draft La'el Collins at Tackle, Trae Waynes at Corner, an ILB or WR is fine with me with the first pick hell we could do all four of those in no particular order with the first 4 picks and find STUD DAY ONE Starters and the rest will be gravy. No disrespect I just disagree with trading and I don't think we have enough to move up in the top ten and moving just 5 or 6 places isn't worth it

I think everyone needs to be ready for a draft pick not being a postion of "need" Dorsey has always said he is a BPA guy. So we all might be surprised to see what postion he drafts at in round 1
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I dont think we will trade and don't need to plenty throughout the draft La'el Collins at Tackle, Trae Waynes at Corner, an ILB or WR is fine with me with the first pick hell we could do all four of those in no particular order with the first 4 picks and find STUD DAY ONE Starters and the rest will be gravy. No disrespect I just disagree with trading and I don't think we have enough to move up in the top ten and moving just 5 or 6 places isn't worth it
    I'm inclined to agree with you.....but if someone offered us that "blockbuster deal" well.....y'know....Never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think everyone needs to be ready for a draft pick not being a postion of "need" Dorsey has always said he is a BPA guy. So we all might be surprised to see what postion he drafts at in round 1
    And I EXPECT we will be. And I'm good with that. In Reid-Dorsey I trust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast