Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So will Dorsey stick with his picks or try to move around?

Default So will Dorsey stick with his picks or try to move around?

So we've seen our compensatory picks...a 3rd, 2 5ths and a 6th. Despite having given up a pick to get Grubbs, these picks still create a lot of flexibility for Dorsey. He can't trade the comp picks, but having a total of 10 picks he still has 6 picks he can use for trade bait or to try to move up or down in the draft. I wonder what he is going to do?

I'm usually not in favor of giving up picks to move up in the draft, but this is a year where it might make sense. Dunno about moving up in the 1st round, but maybe there is someone special we could pick up by moving up in the second. And of course we have to find something like $4 million to pay our picks so maybe deal a couple of them to move up and also save a little cap space? Or maybe trade a few picks to move up in next years draft?

Of course, Dorsey loves his draft picks so maybe he'll just work with what he has.

I dunno. What do you all think?

I hope we trade up in the 1st rd. That is the first year I've ever said that on this board in 14 years. Nothing crazy, but get an impact WR. Don't give up any picks before the 4th rd. Move up to the 10-15 range in front of Houston, etc. WR, ILB, OL would be my ideal order.

The only picks we could use then are both 6th rounds and a 7th and those are not enough we almost would have the put a third with those to even have a shot. Their is a good chance White, Cooper and Parker would be gone before 15. Strong is projected to be late first mid second round
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 03-24-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I hope we trade up in the 1st rd. That is the first year I've ever said that on this board in 14 years. Nothing crazy, but get an impact WR. Don't give up any picks before the 4th rd. Move up to the 10-15 range in front of Houston, etc. WR, ILB, OL would be my ideal order.
    I can see that. The tricky part I see about it is what we actually gave for Grubbs. I've seen we gave a 5th, but I have also seen we gave a conditional pick. So I don't really know. But in any case we might not have any picks in the 5th available to trade. So we would probably have to give up a 4th and maybe more. If that got us to #10, I could see it. Maybe #11. But no way I would want to give up the one 3rd round pick we have available to trade....the second 3rd round pick we have is a compensatory pick so we are not allowed to trade it. And since our compensatory pick in the third is a late round pick it's really closer to being an early 4th round pick. If we gave up our 4th round pick we would have a mid-3rd round pick, plus a late 3rd round pick then we'd have nothing until mid 5th round and late 5th round.

But with 2 picks in the 3rd round and one in the mid-2cond this might be a good idea if there was some special left on the board around # 10, 11 or 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    The only picks we could use then are both 6th rounds and a 7th and those are not enough we almost would have the put a third with those to even have a shot. Their is a good chance White, Cooper and Parker would be gone before 15. Strong is projected to be late first mid second round
    I can't see giving up a mid-3rd rounder just to move up 4 or 5 slots in the 1st round, but I'd probably be OK with giving up our 4th rounder depending on how high that boosted us in the 1st round.

Thinking about it, I suspect that if any deals are made they will be made when we are on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    So we've seen our compensatory picks...a 3rd, 2 5ths and a 6th. Despite having given up a pick to get Grubbs, these picks still create a lot of flexibility for Dorsey. He can't trade the comp picks, but having a total of 10 picks he still has 6 picks he can use for trade bait or to try to move up or down in the draft. I wonder what he is going to do?

I'm usually not in favor of giving up picks to move up in the draft, but this is a year where it might make sense. Dunno about moving up in the 1st round, but maybe there is someone special we could pick up by moving up in the second. And of course we have to find something like $4 million to pay our picks so maybe deal a couple of them to move up and also save a little cap space? Or maybe trade a few picks to move up in next years draft?

Of course, Dorsey loves his draft picks so maybe he'll just work with what he has.

I dunno. What do you all think?
    The thing is this....It's great that we're finally in a position to do this, and that to get there we really didn't lose that much, all things considered. This is Dorsey's moment to shine; The past two drafts he's had his hands tied. This year we find out what we have in Dorsey.

There was a really good article in the KC star recently - http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e16141547.html

Personally, I hope that a player that they didn't expect to be there at #18, falls right into their lap and they don't have to trade any picks.

And speaking of WR's -- don't overlook this guy in this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...0yard-clocking
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-25-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Personally, I hope that a player that they didn't expect to be there at #18, falls right into their lap and they don't have to trade any picks.

And speaking of WR's -- don't overlook this guy in this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...0yard-clocking
    Completely agree. I'd rather not see us give away picks to move up just a few slots. Of course with our comp picks I would not be upset if we made a "Blockbuster" type deal.

That said, with Avant being 31, we need to pick up a WR in this fat draft and Perriman looks like he might be around at #18.

I am just curious to see what will happen. I like the way Dorsey is working the salary cap and acquiring numbers compared to Peterson and Pioli. We may be in trouble in two years, but he is trying to put in place a winning team now. He is doing different things than we are used to and seems to have well though out plans. I am starting to believe he is very capable to manage that situations when it comes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast