Thread: This wait to the draft is killing me

Default This wait to the draft is killing me

I firmly believe Defense wins championships, now ours is pretty damn good however we do have a few to address

1: we need to extend Sean Smith
    2: find D.J.'s replacement in this draft
    3: Get a 3rd starting Cornerback
    4: We may be forced in getting a replacement for Eric Berry and also i personally think Abdullah is underrated, i think he should come back next year
    5: now i do think the offense could get better We need to get a #2 WR in the draft
    6: Center should get better in the draft Wieseiniewski seperated his shoulder so that might be why we have passed on him
    7: TE imagine if we have 2 Travis Kelce's on this team, thats why i believe we need to draft a TE, how scary would it be with Maxx Williams and Kelce
    8: Like it or not the next 2 or 3 years we are gonna have to look for someone to groom and take Jamaal's spot

their is no telling what Dorsey and Reid will do lots of ways would be fine with me, they could always get Poe some help and draft big NT Danny Shelton, i dont care for drafting really tall guys for the lines its to easy for shorter guys to get under their pads and move them outta the way, WR, TE, ILB or CB but any would be fine with me

these are just my observations

It's not the wait for the draft that gets me. The draft to me is a lottery you never know what you're going to get. It's the wait for the season that gets me.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I was wondering why wisniewski is still available. The injury make sense. Some people had him rated slightly worse our equal to Hudson. I figured he was either hurt or didn't want to play. If he is recovering, and is willing to play on a very cheap one year "prove it" type deal, I'd consider signing him.

Yeah....the wait for the draft is about killing me too.

Two years ago, we had a team with a bunch of pro bowlers that was UTTERLY DISFUNCTIONAL. 2-14. Players shooting their girlfriends and themselves. Tony G had run away. Our pish-poor excuse for a Head Coach hadn't a damned clue what was wrong, more to the point how to fix it. Truly it was the low point in franchise history.

I am truly in AWE of what has happened in the intervening 2 years. Thank you Clark Hunt for going out and getting Andy Reid. Now we have players WANTING to come to our Chiefs rather than wanting to leave!

I think we all know that Reid pretty much chose Dorsey as GM. And Dorsey has had some bumps in the road as GM. The Bowe contract for example. This is his first GM job after all...so there were sure to be some bumps. But he surely does seem to be learning FAST! I'm impressed by the contracts he has written recently. He seems to be doing a real good job of learning to manage the salary cap. And he has looked pretty sharp in free agency this year.

And that brings us to why I can't wait for the draft...

Dorsey was sold to us as a "draft genius". And without a doubt, the jury is still out on Eric Fisher. Could have been worse though. We could have burned the #1 pick on Geno Smith. But being honest 2013 was a lousy year to get the #1 pick overall. But right now we are sitting on 10 draft picks in what appears to be a pretty fat draft class. If Dorsey proves up on his draft reputation we should have a Chiefs team that will DOMINATE the AFC West until at least 2020.

We're going to win some playoff games and once you start winning playoff games all it takes is a little bit of magic and a little voodoo to win the Super Bowl.

Yeah I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's not the wait for the draft that gets me. The draft to me is a lottery you never know what you're going to get. It's the wait for the season that gets me.
    No arguments from me on that! I'm really excited to see what year 3 of the Reid-Dorsey era brings.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I was wondering why wisniewski is still available. The injury make sense. Some people had him rated slightly worse our equal to Hudson. I figured he was either hurt or didn't want to play. If he is recovering, and is willing to play on a very cheap one year "prove it" type deal, I'd consider signing him.
    Right about now would be a really good time to renegotiate Eric Berry's contract. Spread his remaining guaranteed money over a few years to free up some cap space while locking him in for a few extra years so that if he is able to return to playing we hold on to his rights. That would spread out his cap hit, free up some cap space, let us hold his rights and also give him a little more long term security while he fights cancer. DO IT DORSEY!

A little dissapointed Sean Smith's agent has said he is willing to play out his contract this year

Well hope that Sean Smith will get the contract a new one, over and done!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

If he plays like he has the last 2 years he is gonna get paid. I don't think he gets enough respect for how good he really is

I want the draft to shake out like this.

Round 1: WR Jaelen Strong
    Round 2: OT Jake Fisher
    Round 3: CB Josh Shaw
    Round 3 comp: OG Josue Mathias
    Round 4: ILB Ben Heeney
    Round 5: WR Chris Conley
    Round 5-2: FS Anthony Harris
    Round 6: C Max Garcia
    Round 6-2: DE Ryan Russell
    Round 7: TE Wes Saxton