Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Up in the Draft

Default Trading Up in the Draft

I am reading a lot of things that talk about the Chiefs taking X, Y or Z if he falls to them at 18. Do you guys think there is a player(s) that the Chiefs trade up to get once he falls a certain distance? If so who and how far would the Chiefs move up to get him?

I just think there are a few players that if they get within 3-5 picks of the Chiefs and they are still sitting there, it would be hard for me (if I was GM) not to try to go up and get because they would make our team that much better. The one I have in particular would be Trae Waynes. If it gets into pick 12-15 range and he is still there, I think the Chiefs really need to be trying to move up and grab him. He is either a stud replacement for Shawn Smith, or he would make our secondary a competitor with Seattle's if we can keep Smith.

What do you guys think on who and when the Chiefs should try to move up. (Or if we should just stay set and take BPA)?

To move up 4-5 spots would take both 3rd and 4th round picks so I'd pass

As long as we dont reach il be happy in any round that is.

The key reason to trade up a couple spots is to jump ahead of a team that you think is also interested in that player. Otherwise, you might as well wait for him to drop. That having been said, I don't follow other teams closely enough to figure out what they need and who they would want to grab. At this point I don't I don't see that happening unless it is one of the top two WRs.

If they jumped up for a receiver I'd rather have Kevin White than Cooper, White has way more potential

If we trade up, I think it would be to grab a WR. The mostly trade scenario I can envision would have us trying to move in front of Houston. Houston is very likely to take a WR. So if we are in love with a guy that might make sense. The team in front of Houston is San Fran. We have a history of dealing with them(Alex Smith). Moving up 3 picks could probably be done for a swap of 1st rd picks + a 3rd rd pick and maybe another late rd pick. Which I would not be against if the right guy was sitting there.
    My guess is that we stay put because there will be plenty of options for a "z" receiver. Jalaeb Strong seems like the most likely pick. But teams will be moving all over, so lots could change.

I've read all the experts are saying as many as 7 receivers could be taking in the first round. They are Cooper, White, Parker, DBG, Agholor, Strong and Perriman

Yeah I agree that we likely will not be moving up for a WR unless White or Cooper fall. I guess I was more thinking defense, but even that would only really mean for Trae Waynes because there arent any other players worth moving up for IMO since they would likely be a pass rusher and we have lots. I could see us taking a pass rusher if he falls to us but not moving up to get him. I just really want to keep our defense as one of the best, and I am a true believer that a dominant defense can get a lot more wins (especially important ones in the playoffs) than a prolific offense. But I can see us going many different ways in the first, most of which I would be happy with.

What about that big boy NT Danny Shelton we could pair him with Poet and have some serious beef on the line

I don't see the Chiefs moving up - nor do I think we'll take a receiver with the 1st pick. Reid goes OL here.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast