Thread: Sean Smith DUI

Default Sean Smith DUI

For those of you who forgot (I did until I read about it today), Sean Smith got a DUI last offseason. Well he finaly went to court, plead guilty and will receive two years of probation. The standard NFL punishment is a two game suspension, more if possible if there are other circumstances or property damage (he did hit a telephone pole).

I completely forgot/assumed he already served his punishment. Hopefully we don't have any big games the first couple of weeks and it doesn't cost us a lot. This also makes me hope that a CB like Trae Waynes drops to us to solidify our secondary. Right now we only have three legit CBs on the roster (Smith, Gaines, and Fleming).

Im hoping its just two games only but honestly thats me being selfish cuz theres no excuse for a dui and should get the max with property damage which is 4 games i think.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Im hoping its just two games only but honestly thats me being selfish cuz theres no excuse for a dui and should get the max with property damage which is 4 games i think.
    I agree. I've always taken a harsh stance on DUIs.

I had forgotten about the DUI. Hopefully the suspension doesn't throw him into a tailspin like it did Donald Stephenson last year. Donald had played great for us at tackle in 2013(both RT and LT). Last year he barely contributed to a team that struggled at tackle all season.

Truth be told, I've never been a big Sean Smith fan and it has nothing to do with his driving record. He tends to pout after bad plays and has gotten burned frequently. Last year he played well, and I'm happy for that. I hope he finishes his final contract year in KC playing his best football.

And yes, if Tre Waynes is still on the board when we pick, you run to the podium, announce his name, and drop the mic! But that isn't happening. He will be gone inside the top 10.