Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boy Royals

Default Bad Boy Royals

Not sure how many people on here are also die hard Royals fans. I personally lived my whole life in St. Louis until moving to KC 6 years ago for school, so i am a die hard Cardinals fan. But was never a fan of the Rams. I've adopted the Royals as my baseball fix since the Cardinals are never on TV here.

Any way, the Royals have adopted the "We don't care" attitude and are taking baseball by storm. Younger generations love the feisty us against the world attitude older generations I feel are against this type of play.

Was curious what the consensus on this board was. While the games have ben widely entertaining I'm afraid these antics will at some point come back to bite them in the butt. Come October if they miss the playoff we will look back to this time and say had Ventura and Volquez not been suspended we might be in the playoffs. Or if a major player like Cain or Hosmer goes down after getting plunked the season could take a turn for the worst. Helll Moose dang near took a pitch to the face Giancarlo Stanton style. Living on the edge has its pros and cons.

What do u guys think of this team and their style of play?

Let me start by saying I'm no Royals fan Tribe or nothing for me.

For me I could see why they were upset last weekend. So I had no problem with really much that they did against the As

Last night I think was just being stupid. It was needless and really never should have happened. You just can't be stupid out there and that's what Ventura did. It takes A LOT for me to say the White Sox had a point and I mean A LOT I hate them and Detroit just as much as I hate Denver and Oakland in the NFL. And Ventura made me say that last night
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah Ventura needs to grow up a lot to get my respect as a Royals fan. Their was no reason for any of that to happen

The worst part of it is Ventura made me have to listen to Hawk Harrelson today. There is not a worst sound in the world then that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree about Ventura having a little bit of that small man syndrome. It is obvious that teams are targeting the royals at the plate. I think they are at like 14 HBPs this year. With the next team being pretty far behind. The thing that jumped out to me with the white sox fight is Cain. that was way out of character for him and despite Ventura and his stupidity starting the fight I almost feel like Cain must be justified in his actions. Ventura really needs to grow up and become the franchise pitcher that the royals need him to be. Ill say it again, the games have been wildly entertaining with these fights but as a Cardinal fan I have seen the model for prolonged success and unfortunately leading the majors in ejections isn't the model.

Quote Originally Posted by CabbageHATCHkid View Post
    I agree about Ventura having a little bit of that small man syndrome. It is obvious that teams are targeting the royals at the plate. I think they are at like 14 HBPs this year. With the next team being pretty far behind. The thing that jumped out to me with the white sox fight is Cain. that was way out of character for him and despite Ventura and his stupidity starting the fight I almost feel like Cain must be justified in his actions. Ventura really needs to grow up and become the franchise pitcher that the royals need him to be. Ill say it again, the games have been wildly entertaining with these fights but as a Cardinal fan I have seen the model for prolonged success and unfortunately leading the majors in ejections isn't the model.
    Off topic a bit here but since your a Cards fan a bit of trivia for you

Who is the only team in MLB the Cards have never won a series against?

Hint I remind my wife of it all the time seeing shes a Cards fan :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i could google it but I feel like that is cheating. I have no idea though. Interesting question though Im interested to hear the answer

Quote Originally Posted by CabbageHATCHkid View Post
    i could google it but I feel like that is cheating. I have no idea though. Interesting question though Im interested to hear the answer
    That would be the cleveland Indians they have never lost a series to the Cards alway take 2 out 3 living in cards country being a tribe fan I keep up with that. And as a tribe fan we don't have much to cheer about so I take what we can get LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The Bad boys in Baseball is a title given to them from National media who could care less about the Royals. In any of the stories have your read about the Royals leading the MLB in being hit by pitch. They and the Rangers are way ahead of everyone other team by twice as many hit by pitches. The last I checked, the Royals were being hit once every 1.3 games. Cain and Gordon are the two most hit batters. Funny thing is, this is supposed the Royals Second Brawl. The first one was not a brawl. Everyone game out of the dug out said two words and went back in yet the National Media is making it sound like it was actually a fight.

So they way I see it, They are just standing up to big brother who is upset that the little brother who was always pushed around actually got better than them. Right or wrong. Their is strong argument that they Royals can justify each and every action they have done so far. Me being a born and raised Kansas Citian. I have thsy same pride, just because they are from a more populated city where they have more money and national coverage means crap to me. That goes for the Chiefs too. You better come to KC with respect. If so, we will treat you very kindly, but if you dirtespect us or our teams that hurts our Pride and we will let you know it.

There is no excuse for that behaviour and anyone that sticks up for that is no better. Be the better team and let it roll off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast