Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LSU T La'el Collins Bad Timing

Default LSU T La'el Collins Bad Timing

Police are requesting to speak with LSU offensive tackle La'el Collins after the shooting death of a pregnant woman last week, who is believed to be his former girlfriend, according to Baton Rouge police Lt. Jonny Dunnam. Collins is not considered a suspect, but police want to see if he can add any information to the case for background.

Collins' attorney, Jim Boren, told police he is currently in Chicago preparing for the NFL Draft on Thursday, but he has been in contact with the lead detective on the case. Boren said he retained the services of a private investigative firm to help prove Collins was not in area during the incident, according to ESPN.

"We took the investigation seriously," Boren said from his offices Tuesday. "We've tried to rule him out as a suspect. We're going to provide that information to the police, and ultimately (Collins) will sit down and talk to them. But the timing is poor.

"We have identified where La'el was the day the lady was murdered to establish he was nowhere around," Boren told ESPN. "We have offered to give names, witnesses who can vouch for his whereabouts that day until after the woman's body was discovered. We believe that when [police] have verified that information, that they will rule him out as a suspect in the homicide, just as I believe he should be."

Collins is projected as the third best tackle prospect in the upcoming NFL Draft. Senior NFL Columnist Pete Prisco has the Giants taking him at No. 9 overall and Senior NFL Draft Analyst Rob Rang has the Rams taking him at No. 10 overall in their latest mock drafts.

so collins treats this offseason like derrick johnson did this last year.

injured...

uses it as motivation, documents everything, and comes back even stronger after a year off.

whats the biggest complaint about fisher?

he hasnt had a chance to get bigger until this year.

collins is in the right...

prove hes innocent and it increases his stock next year.

smart move on his part.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

i did not realize the child died too...

still... i would take my time too to prove my innocence.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    La'el Collins agent has just said if he is not drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round he will not sign a contract with any NFL team and resubmit his name for the 2016 Draft
    Good Luck with that, Mr. Collins. It's not like media will forget in eleven months.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Maybe these kids need to be more selective of how they live their lives and the kind of people they associate with
    Let's be honest. This kid *could* be 100% completely innocent. He could also be a second-rate thug like Hernandez.

But being honest, if you shovel ship for a living you're probably going to smell bad. As a wise person once told me..."You ARE who you hang with". What really astounds me is how many of these college kids with REALLY PROMISING careers ahead of them don't even seem to think about what hanging with the wrong people could do to their career potential. SMARTEN UP KIDS!

So he can't go back and play in college because he declared?

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    So he can't go back and play in college because he declared?
    The blurb I saw on NFL network says that he can't enter the 2016 draft. Someone out there might snag a first round talent for pennies.

So, if he's a free agent at this point, can't he sign for whatever a team is offering? If someone offers him a first round contract with some contingencies, there shouldn't be any problems with that... right?

I don't know if there is anything like this happening before so who knows

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-for-16-draft

apparently there is a limit to what an undrafted FA can be signed for.

Collins is not able to enter the 2016 draft according to the NFL

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast