Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: Official Draft Day Thread

Default Official Draft Day Thread

Since nobody has started the official draft day thread, as of yet, I'll do it here.

Post your responses to the draft as it transpires here.

With 10 picks, this is a great opportunity for Dorsey/Reid to bring a stable of good football players to the Chiefs team. Let's get it done.

Go over here to follow the draft live if you wish:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/live?i...eventpage-live
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Tyson Jackson was a really vanilla pick at where he was drafted. Also not convinced that the head coach (Haley) was 100% onboard with that pick, which never bodes well for the player. TJ did develop into a good run stuffer, but you can find lineman like him left and right in the third round.
    Exactly. If you are going to take a 3-4 DE in the top 5, then he has to have supreme pass-rush skills.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think we are agreeing that Jackson never lived up to the #3 pick, just to different degrees. Also, I just realized that Crennel is now the DC in Houston, and Watt's performance hasn't changed. Unless Crennel has changed his defensive style significantly in how he uses DEs, I'm incorrect to say you cannot compare the stats.
    The thing with Watt is, he learned right away when he got to the Pro's to PLAY HARD, all the time. Watt wasn't as productive at the college level, as he's been in Pro's. He was good in college, but not good enough to be considered by any team drafting in the top 10 to be selected. Many pundits were saying he would be solid, but never elite. He fooled them. Watt uses his hands and feet & brute strength expertly -- something Jackson never learned to do.

What's worse is the Chiefs have to deal with him in week 1 to start the season.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-07-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Oh, I almost forgot. I had the chance to watch Fanaika. I don't have any doubt that he'll be the starting RG. He's a big & tough guy who is difficult to move. I'm not worried so much how fast this O-Line gels. That's why they have training camp and preseason. Remember back in 2002 when Willie Roaf came onboard and they shuffled their O-Line. It didn't affect them on opening day, as Priest Holmes scored 4 TD's against the Browns.

Time will tell, of course, but I think they did the right thing bringing in two talented & experienced veterans like Grubbs and Fanaika to take over the Guard spots and drafting Morse in the 2nd round. They had to address the middle of the Chiefs O-Line, somehow.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354