Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Day Thread

Default Official Draft Day Thread

Since nobody has started the official draft day thread, as of yet, I'll do it here.

Post your responses to the draft as it transpires here.

With 10 picks, this is a great opportunity for Dorsey/Reid to bring a stable of good football players to the Chiefs team. Let's get it done.

Go over here to follow the draft live if you wish:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/live?i...eventpage-live
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    "Shag" looks like a good prospect and good value late in the 5th, but I don't see a prospect that I would've graded out to be "2nd round". Still, the Chiefs needed depth at TE and this kid looks like he's good enough to be that 2nd or 3rd guy.
    But could the guy develop into the next Jason Dunn?

I can't find much on Alexander. Just from watching that short vid, I don't like that he stands flat-footed, waiting for the play to come to him. He takes FOREVER to diagnose a play. That being said, he shows some raw athletic ability and if he works on his speed and recognition a little, they might be able to convert him to a power SS who can help support the run. That way, he won't be required to diagnose plays immediately and can come up and help at the LOS. He's another tweener guy that doesn't immediately scream a specific position at the NFL level. Looks too small for ILB and he's definitely not going to play OLB at this level.

Kinda confused overall with the Alexander pick. Gonna need to do some more research and listen to the front office's explanation.

looks like he, "Shag" runs a 4.68 40........so, pretty fast for a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I don't know about another Jason Dunn, because Dunn was an athletic freak at 6-6, and 274 lbs that could run a 4.52. But "Shag" may be more effective as a pass-catcher than Dunn. Dunn's forte in Dick Vermeil's Offense was his blocking. Really tough to find another guy like Dunn.

Dunn was pure beast mode blocking. Shag won't be a Kelce, but he won't be strictly Dunn either. He looks like an average NFL tight end that could do everything at an average-above average level, which imo, is GREAT value in the 5th round.

I will predict that they will convert Alexander to a power SS.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsofa View Post
    I will predict that they will convert Alexander to a power SS.
    That's what I'm thinking. Maybe they took him because he had some coverage skills, making him a Safety candidate.

I can't find much on Alexander. Just from watching that short vid, I don't like that he stands flat-footed, waiting for the play to come to him. He takes FOREVER to diagnose a play. That being said, he shows some raw athletic ability and if he works on his speed and recognition a little, they might be able to convert him to a power SS who can help support the run. That way, he won't be required to diagnose plays immediately and can come up and help at the LOS. He's another tweener guy that doesn't immediately scream a specific position at the NFL level. Looks too small for ILB and he's definitely not going to play OLB at this level.

Kinda confused overall with the Alexander pick. Gonna need to do some more research and listen to the front office's explanation.
    Look at it this way...Fifth round pick...not the first...

Look at it this way...Fifth round pick...not the first...
    The Chiefs plan to use Alexander as an ILB. He'll have to bulk up a bit. One of the Chiefs scouts says he can run like the wind.

My prediction is that he is going to be a ST all star. Especially as a 5th round pick. This is where you bolster your depth and your ST.