Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Day Thread

Default Official Draft Day Thread

Since nobody has started the official draft day thread, as of yet, I'll do it here.

Post your responses to the draft as it transpires here.

With 10 picks, this is a great opportunity for Dorsey/Reid to bring a stable of good football players to the Chiefs team. Let's get it done.

Go over here to follow the draft live if you wish:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/live?i...eventpage-live
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I have no problem with any of these picks. I have a couple questions about Alexander, but other than that, I think this was the Chiefs best draft since the Albert/Charles draft. The pundits won't give us any great "grades" but it's only because they don't really understand the roster or the Chiefs methods.

I give this draft a preliminary solid A. Great value throughout the draft at positions of need without reaching for anything or forcing round pegs into square holes.

Great job Chiefs.
    I love the draft the Chiefs had on paper

Now we wait to see if they live up to the hype IMO the draft is a big lottery you win big or you lose
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So, ALL these guys are DEs with the exception of Poe? I doubt that.

97 Bailey, Allen DE 6-3 288 26 4 Miami (Fla.)
    77 Catapano, Mike DE 6-4 270 24 R Princeton
    70 DeVito, Mike DE 6-3 305 30 7 Maine
    93 Fangupo, Hebron DT 6-0 324 29 2 Brigham Young
    96 Howard, Jaye DT 6-3 301 26 2 Florida
    Martin, Vaughn DT 6-4 300 29 5 Western Ontario (Canada)
    92 Poe, Dontari DT 6-3 346 24 2 Memphis
    98 Williams, Nick DT 6-4 310 25 2 Samford
    66 Worthy, Jerel DT 6-2 308 25 3 Michigan State
    Only guys on that list, other than Poe, that looks like NT's , is Hebron Fangupo and maybe Nick Williams. And that's not what jap or I were saying. We were specific about Howard and Worthy not being NT's.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I love the draft the Chiefs had on paper

Now we wait to see if they live up to the hype IMO the draft is a big lottery you win big or you lose
    Well, they gotta get signed...make it through rookiee minicamp...make it through minicamp...make it through training camp...survive the preseason....survive the preseason roster cuts...THEN we find out if they're worth the hype!!!

Round 1 (18) No. 18 overall (Washington CB Marcus Peters)
    Round 2: (17) No. 49 overall (Missouri OL Mitch Morse)
    Round 3: (16) No. 76 overall (Georgia WR Chris Conley)
    Round 3: (34) No. 98 overall (Oregon State DB Steven Nelson)
    Round 4: (19) No. 118 overall (Georgia ILB Ramik Wilson)
    Round 5: (36) No. 172 overall (Oregon State LB DJ Alexander)
    Round 5: (37) No. 173 overall (Illinois State TE James O'Shaughnessy)
    Round 6: (42) No. 217 overall (Southern Miss DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches)
    Round 7: (16) No. 233 overall (Northern Illinois WR Da'Ron Brown)
    The Chiefs traded two of their picks -- a fifth rounder to the Saints for Ben Grubbs and a sixth rounder to the Vikings to move up for Chris Conley.

I like what I see with this years draft class!

They are all now potential Chiefs! They now need to learn how to be a Chief, all of them are still kids, they have no clue what they must do. Work hard, improve, get to the NFL level.

I dunno about anybody else, but I think this was a very interesting draft class. Dorsey is supposed to be a BPA type guy but it seems clear to me that Reid was whispering in Dorsey's ear and saying....."I'm close....I'm REAL CLOSE. Here's what I need."

It seems to me this was sort of a hybrid draft. Dorsey bought Reid everything he asked for....just perhaps not in quite the order that Reid asked for or that fans expected. So my interpretation is that Dorsey went with BPA so long as it was on Reid's list of needs.

All in all, I LIKE it. Still nervous about the O-line but I am cautiously optimistic. No doubt in my mind that Reid and the rest of the coaching staff will get the very best out of these players.

It remains to be seen what this draft will produce both as immediate impact players and depth players that will one day step up and be quality starters. But I'm optimistic.

People like him (Adam Teicher) forget that Dorsey's draft philosophy isn't just "BPA". In Dorsey's own words -- "BPA who is the best fit for the Kansas City Chiefs" -- and I've heard him say that more than once. That means that they will lean a bit towards need.
    Dorsey did take the best BPA that was the best fit for the Chiefs. That is how you draft. That is how Pigoli DIDN'T draft.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Dorsey did take the best BPA that was the best fit for the Chiefs. That is how you draft. That is how Pigoli DIDN'T draft.
    Precisely. One eye on BPA and the other on need. I think Dorsey did a very good job of that this year. And I think he had a little help in that from his buddy Reid.

IMO Reid-Dorsey is a winning combination. Reid is a top tier coach who also has GM experience but has realized that what is best for him is being a Head Coach. But a Head Coach still needs to have a great working relationship with the GM. We have that in Reid-Dorsey. They know each other and they trust each other. They work well together. I think they can get us where we want to be.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 05-05-2015 at 02:58 AM.

^^That's right, ctchiefsfan. By contrast, go look at Pigoli's 2009 and 2010 drafts -- and barf!!

At least Dorsey is fixing the obvious, and smart enough to protect his investment choices. When Pioli came on board, he spent 60 mil on his former team's backup qb, then waited three years before trying to seriously upgrade the O-line. Reid & Dorsey come onboard, they get Alex Smith, but then turned right around and invested their #1 pick in a tackle.