Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Teicher - ESPN Analyst

Default Adam Teicher - ESPN Analyst

All beat writers had to give a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" on the team they covers draft this year. There were only 4 teams to give thumbs-down, and of course our own Adam Teicher was one of them. I swear, this guy must be a hidden Donkey fan because he never thinks the Chiefs are ever doing anything well enough. I would be very grateful if ESPN canned this moron and got us someone that didn't constantly belittle all the great things the Chiefs are doing.

Here is a link to the article if anyone wants: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ms-draft-class

Adam teicher sucks balls. I hav never liked him. I wish espn would get rid of him. He sucks as a journalist and only stats whats ovvious. Never has indepth reports that is not based on his own hate towards the chiefs. He gave us a thumbs down saying we drafted for need instead of bpa. Which this is the 1st draft in a long time i agreed with the top 3 or 4 picks. I dknt care about the later rounds cuz your just throwkng darts.

Here's what was said...

Kansas City Chiefs
    Thumbs down. The Chiefs drafted mainly for need. Two cornerbacks, two inside linebackers and two wide receivers were among their nine picks and those positions were their greatest needs. Those types of drafts rarely work out. Plus, Marcus Peters in the first round is a very risky pick because of his behavioral issues. -- Adam Teicher

I post this in order to find out down the road how right or wrong Adam Teicher is after the season goes on.

ItsIts a good thing its not up to us who we draft. Adam Teacher and Fans don't have a right to ***** anyway that's what the office people were hired for let them do there jobs

It especially bothers me because the worst grade I have seen anywhere else is a B- for the Chiefs draft. I understand that he is supposed to be "objective" while being a beat writer, but I think he takes that too far and the Chiefs have to overcome a lot to do anything right in his mind. I also think he is upset because the Chiefs didnt go with the person he thought they should have.

Just last year he ripped the Chiefs for not drafting a WR which was an area of need, and then this year he is ripping us again for drafting good players that are at the top of the Chiefs draft board and also fill a position of need. Which one is it Teicher?

Teicher is right about drafting for need, but what he doesn't tell you is that they didn't over-reach on these picks. They let the board come to them. Only trade-up was when they traded up 4 slots in round 3 for Chris Conley, but they did not give up the farm.

People like him forget that Dorsey's draft philosophy isn't just "BPA". In Dorsey's own words -- "BPA who is the best fit for the Kansas City Chiefs" -- and I've heard him say that more than once. That means that they will lean a bit towards need.

Notice that Teicher doesn't specify any better players on the board in any round when the Chiefs made their picks.

This 2015 draft -- at least on paper -- is solid from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Its a good thing its not up to us who we draft. Adam Teacher and Fans don't have a right to ***** anyway that's what the office people were hired for let them do there jobs
    That depends on the state of the team. If the Chiefs were a laughing stock like 2012 under Pioli, then yes, they've got a right to voice their displeasure. You have to remember that the revenue taken in by the league (billions of dollars) does start with the fans shilling out their hard-earned dollars.

However, this current regime has made a sincere effort to bring back respectability to this franchise. They may make some mistakes along the way, but they do want to bring a Lombardi trophy back to KC. Something this franchise has yet to do. And no, the Super Bowl 4 trophy is NOT a Lombardi trophy -- it's an AFL-NFL World Championship trophy. They didn't start calling it the Lombardi trophy until after Vince died in September of 1970, the next year.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-03-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Teicher is right about drafting for need, but what he doesn't tell you is that they didn't over-reach on these picks. They let the board come to them. Only trade-up was when they traded up 4 slots in round 3 for Chris Conley, but they did not give up the farm.

People like him forget that Dorsey's draft philosophy isn't just "BPA". In Dorsey's own words -- "BPA who is the best fit for the Kansas City Chiefs" -- and I've heard him say that more than once. That means that they will lean a bit towards need.

Notice that Teicher doesn't specify any better players on the board in any round when the Chiefs made their picks.
    I could not agree with this more! Well said...any chances you would like to replace Teicher on ESPN?

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    I could not agree with this more! Well said...any chances you would like to replace Teicher on ESPN?
    I can't displace Teicher on ESPN, but I can certainly displace him here.

These same type of people like Teicher were scoffing at the Chiefs two 3rd round picks in 2013 (Kelce and Davis). How hard are they scoffing, now?

Grading or commenting on how good/bad a draft was is just stupid. We won't have a clue how good the class is until at least two years from now. We all have opinions on who we wanted to take but there have been so many great players written off and described as risky or bad picks immediately after the draft. I remember when JJ Watt was drafted, all the experts where saying how he'd be a solid safe and reliable player but never a great player.

I've always said this guy is a joke. Nothing he says is correct... like... EVER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast