Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My AFC West Outlook

Default My AFC West Outlook

4th place Raiders Record 7-9
    The Raiders have gotten better and they may surprise some teams this year. 2 more years this team will be a formitable opponent

3rd place Chargers Record 9-7
    Usually Chargers seems like the piss me off every year

2nd place Donkeys Record 10-6
    I believe for the first time we have a very real chance to take it to Peyton and really kick his ***

And 2015 AFC West Champs Chiefs Record 11-5
    I love where we are headed we have the most playmakers and depth I have seen in forever it seems like

So am I crazy?? Let me know what you guys think

Crazy? No. That said you're a Chiefs fan and you are being optimistic. As you should be.

There used to be a saying in pro boxing....if you fight the champ you must put him on the mat at least once if you expect to win a fight without a knockout.

There is no doubt in my mind that we can compete with the Donkeys for the AFC West title. Last year we had a legit 11-5 team and maybe better. But we screwed ourselves by losing to the Titans and the the Raiders. Those 2 games should have been "no-brainers". We also should have at least gotten one win from the two donkey games and the 49ers game. So we SHOULD have gone 11-5 or 12-4. We were inconsistent last year. We beat both the splats and the seahawks but we lost to the titans and the raiders and couldn't pull out even one win between the 2 donkey games and the 49er game. We left a LOT of easy money on the table last year.

We have another tough schedule this year. And we still have to face Manning twice. If we are going to win the West we can't make mistakes like we did last year. We have to win ALL the games we should win AND we MUST beat manning at least once.

Unless manning has a meltdown I don't see the donkeys doing worse than 11-5. So IMO our Chiefs will have to go 11-5 or better to win the West. That won't be easy.

Manning's age is the true wildcard. I hate him, but he remains scary good. If manning's age is truly catching up to him then I can see your prediction coming true. But I can equally see our Chiefs going 10-6 or 11-5 and still only getting a wildcard. You have to put the champ on the mat if you expect to win. To win the West, we must beat manning.

Thank you CT I appreciate that. As long as we can keep everyone healthy which is the key this year. I don't see the schedule this year as much different than last year, we only missed the playoffs by 1 game , I believe if we can have the kind of year I'm expecting it will go a long way for giving these guys confidence and mentally we can beat Peyton. Everyone will finally give this team the respect that is long overdue. Speaking of Peyton the last 2 games, I saw the cracks forming he is not invincible he is just a man, the proclaimed machine can be beat this year is our best shot to give him that huge uppercut. Come on guys let's do this we CAN DO THIS

CHIEFS4LIFE BABY!!!!
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 05-05-2015 at 02:27 AM.

And thank you! We have a team and a coaching staff that is capable of winning the West. I'm just not ready to predict it yet. We should make the playoffs with relative ease this year, but to win the West we will have to win all the games we should, most of the tough ones and we'll have to beat manning at least once. That leaves very little margin for error. Last year we gave away 2 games that should have been "easy wins" and while we whupped the splats and seahawks we also lost to the donkeys twice and the 49ers. We should have been at least 12-4. We can't make those kind of mistakes and win the West. We need to start fast and set the pace for the donkeys to keep up with. We can't afford to lose any "gimmes" and we must win most of the tough ones.

Manning is 40 this year with a weak arm he dont scare me one bit. Father time always wins. I think if our defense can step it up one more notch and our o line improves . We have a chance but most important we have to get a respectful pass game established early in the year. Of course charles and davis should be our bread and butter on that side of the ball. Ultimately this defense should be pretty tough to score on the chargers have made some good additions as well and the gayders seam like they are tired of being bottom feeders. Should be Avery competative division

Maybe its just me but I miss the old Raiders the barn burner games, I miss that rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Maybe its just me but I miss the old Raiders the barn burner games, I miss that rivalry
    You probably won't have to wait much longer for the return of that rivalry. Any objective observer can see the Donkeys are headed for a major fall when Manning hangs up the cleats & it won't be too much longer when that actually transpires. If the guy behind Manning, Osweiler, were worth a grain of salt, then Manning would probably have retired this year and the Donkeys would have moved forward with Osweiler.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Manning is 40 this year with a weak arm he dont scare me one bit. Father time always wins. I think if our defense can step it up one more notch and our o line improves . We have a chance but most important we have to get a respectful pass game established early in the year. Of course charles and davis should be our bread and butter on that side of the ball. Ultimately this defense should be pretty tough to score on the chargers have made some good additions as well and the gayders seam like they are tired of being bottom feeders. Should be Avery competative division
    Without a doubt true. I'm just not sure if father time has caught up with him yet. For certain though, if we we want to win the West we we will have to beat him at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Makes 2 of us! I hates me some Raiders! Raiders and Chiefs....those are supposed to be the teams that dominate the AFC West! Donkeys are impostors. Chargers.....All I can do is LMAO. They don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You probably won't have to wait much longer for the return of that rivalry. Any objective observer can see the Donkeys are headed for a major fall when Manning hangs up the cleats & it won't be too much longer when that actually transpires. If the guy behind Manning, Osweiler, were worth a grain of salt, then Manning would probably have retired this year and the Donkeys would have moved forward with Osweiler.
    I think you are right brdempsey69. Just another year or two and I think the AFC West will return to it's proper order. Chiefs and Raiders....Raiders and Chiefs...with donkeys and chargers as also-rans.

It would do my heart good to see things in the AFC West return to their natural order.

And just 'cause I am a mean SOB I'd really like to see Hali put a career-ending hit on the forehead. Be a great way for Hali to end his career.

Thanks again for the cap help this year Tamba....You are truly a great Cheif!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast