Thread: Collins update

Default Collins update

Has stated once his name is cleared he will be looking for a competetive team with a young offense that he can play tackle on.

I hope this isn't me being a chief homer but I have to think Kansas City is on his radar. We have a stud defense with a very well rounded offense only lacking in the position he would play for us. I would be bery excited if we could land him. Also I have to think Big Red will play a part in this ordeal. If Collins takes a visit to KC I think Reid will win him over

Collins is clearly a victim of the Aaron Hernandez scandal & until he's 100% exonerated, it is doubtful that Dorsey would sign him. If Collins is cleared and Reid wants to talk to him, then I'm sure Dorsey would be onboard with it.

My if we scored him, we would have a completely overhauled OL that should be significantly better. The only question would be whether Morse starts at RG or C. it would make me feel like signing Fanaika was a waste of $, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My if we scored him, we would have a completely overhauled OL that should be significantly better. The only question would be whether Morse starts at RG or C. it would make me feel like signing Fanaika was a waste of $, though.
    That's the wildcard here that makes me believe that Morse is going to tried at Center first, as there is nobody other than Kush, and you have Grubbs, Fanaika, LDT, and Zach Fulton at the Guard spots.

As a matter of fact, jap, your point about Fanaika has now prompted me to go watch the KC-Arizona game via my NFL GameReind subscription and take a closer look at Fanaika.

EDIT: Fanaika wasn't playing in that game.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-06-2015 at 04:35 PM.

My only concern is how long it would take for the OL to build chemistry. Then again, that is going to be a question whether or not we get Collins, since neither Allen or Stephenson started at RT last year for any significant amount of time.

Combine that OL with an overhauled WR group that has a lot of potential, and our existing offense, and we have the potential for a very good offense.

For a guy that hasn't played a single down in the NFL and a questionable past, he sure is making a lot of demands for himself. He won't be playing for Reid.
    SHUT IT