Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

Default Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

The Pats fear he could be suspended for 6 or 8 games. As nice as that will be i just think they will give him a slap on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think its funny how goodell thinks he can hear the appeal. How do you think brady will get a faor appeal when goodell ks the judge and knows he spent millions on the investigation and knows if he tom wins then goodell looks bad. How is that fair or neautral? Brady should go to court. He will easily win and id turn and sue the nfl.. wells report left out bunch of crap that refutes the report itself. How you you believe everything else the refs saod except the one that would explain the missing air pressure? The nfl ran a sting and the whole thing is geared to setup the pats and make them look quilty.

..........Why does the NFL want to make a team that brings in a lot of money/viewers and has an owner that is really good friends with top NFL executives, look really bad?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    ..........Why does the NFL want to make a team that brings in a lot of money/viewers and has an owner that is really good friends with top NFL executives, look really bad?
    because it's sad to say but when it comes down to your *** or mine...people on this earth are going to cover their own first. Right, wrong, or indifferent. If I'm not mistaken that's what Jason is getting at. Goodell is going to save his face first before any bodies because he's already taken so much criticism for this matter already

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    because it's sad to say but when it comes down to your *** or mine...people on this earth are going to cover their own first. Right, wrong, or indifferent. If I'm not mistaken that's what Jason is getting at. Goodell is going to save his face first before any bodies because he's already taken so much criticism for this matter already
    Yeah thats what i was getting at. He paid millions for the investigation. Hes lucky kraft decided not to apeal. Kraft took one for the team. Goodell would be on thin ice if he spent millions and it ended up being a waste. If i was the owners i would be pissed it even went this far. Why did they run a sting. Why not just send a league wide warning that ball tampering will notbe tolerated and save all this headache. They hurt themselves at the end and its backfiring.

The NFL rejected the NFLPA appeal to remove Goddell from the hearing

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because they are cheaters... End of story. I don't care who they are, this is the second time they have been busted Cheating both times in Super Bowl years. There has to be some sort of action taken to set the precedent for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Because they are cheaters... End of story. I don't care who they are, this is the second time they have been busted Cheating both times in Super Bowl years. There has to be some sort of action taken to set the precedent for other teams.
    I was saying this because the guy I replied to makes it sound like the NFL is doing this because they hate the Patriots

Pats deserve the punishment, they cheated, got caught, cheated again and got caught again.

Yes like the old saying I am sure most people have herd "Cheaters never win and winners never cheat". How do you teach your pewee football team or your children to not cheat when the Patriots have been caught cheating and winning at the same time? Or don't care as long as they are winning? If you peewee football team won the league championship even though you had a player that was too old would that be okay with you because they won the last 3 championships and were popular?

Y'know.....I have no particular problem with the splats getting the fine, suspension and loss of draft picks. I HATE the splats. The NFL did their investigation and they felt there was sufficient evidence to justify the action they took. That said, I wish I had seen more concrete evidence. But sometimes, even in a jury trial there is no perfect proof and the jury winds up having to make a decision based on whether they think it is "likely" that the crime was committed by the defendant...even if there is no concrete proof. Personally I think the whole issue of pressure in the footballs is kind of silly. Some QBs like them more inflated, some like them less inflated. And I'm sure that receivers opinions vary too. But that does not give the splats a pass. The rule was there and the NFL has decided they violated it. So they should be punished and I think that given the splats past history of cheating the punishment was fair and maybe even lenient.

But that is just my opinion.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678