Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

Default Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

The Pats fear he could be suspended for 6 or 8 games. As nice as that will be i just think they will give him a slap on the wrist

To those saying "well everyone does it," "its not a big deal," etc, etc where do you draw the line? There has to be some punishment, more than just a $20k fine to set an example that rules are there for a reason and not to break them.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    To those saying "well everyone does it," "its not a big deal," etc, etc where do you draw the line? There has to be some punishment, more than just a $20k fine to set an example that rules are there for a reason and not to break them.

Thats just an excuse for you to pile on a player you dont like. You cant punish one but not anyone else. What you do is give a warning and then set the punishment if kt continues and caught. Should been a league wide watning. Instead people in the nfl who hate the patriots decided to run a sting and entrapment and blow everything up. Why do you think they purposely leaked the news to the media. The whole thing wss setup to the patriots and make them look bad. Everyone does kt isnt an excuse but its the fact. Why cause this bad publicity on yourself and go out of your way to mqke a team look wo bad when you could hqb3 juwt sent a league wide warning. This whole deal is messed up. Like kapernaick said. No football iw going to help you when by 38 points. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Thats just an excuse for you to pile on a player you dont like. You cant punish one but not anyone else. What you do is give a warning and then set the punishment if kt continues and caught. Should been a league wide watning. Instead people in the nfl who hate the patriots decided to run a sting and entrapment and blow everything up. Why do you think they purposely leaked the news to the media. The whole thing wss setup to the patriots and make them look bad. Everyone does kt isnt an excuse but its the fact. Why cause this bad publicity on yourself and go out of your way to mqke a team look wo bad when you could hqb3 juwt sent a league wide warning. This whole deal is messed up. Like kapernaick said. No football iw going to help you when by 38 points. Get over it.
    Jason

I agree with you that the Pats are not the only team to do this. And I don't think it made a difference in that game.

But there's a reason for that rule. If there wasn't it wouldn't be there.

As for other teams doing it while I would agree that's like being pulled over for speeding and saying "Officer there's other cars speeding" while that's true it doesn't mean you didn't get caught and now you have to pay the price.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Personally, I'm a Brady fan. He reminds me a lot of my childhood hero Joe Montana. Not quite as skilled, but he reminds me of him. So this revelation actually disappoints me a lot.

Personally, I don't believe in warnings. The rules are there for everyone to know. Why do you need a warning if you were following the rules to begin with. If you don't know the rules, that's your own fault. Giving a warning to me means you can violate the rules a few times, and there is no real punishment. In my opinion, if you are violating a rule and get caught, you got caught. Maybe that is my military side showing, but I have very little tolerance for bending the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Personally, I'm a Brady fan. He reminds me a lot of my childhood hero Joe Montana. Not quite as skilled, but he reminds me of him. So this revelation actually disappoints me a lot.

Personally, I don't believe in warnings. The rules are there for everyone to know. Why do you need a warning if you were following the rules to begin with. If you don't know the rules, that's your own fault. Giving a warning to me means you can violate the rules a few times, and there is no real punishment. In my opinion, if you are violating a rule and get caught, you got caught. Maybe that is my military side showing, but I have very little tolerance for bending the rules.
    You give a warning to the league aince you know its a league wide deal. You dont humiliate a person in fro t kf the peers to prove a point. But you know everyone does it so you give everyone a warning. Its a stupid rule anyways. There shouldn5 be a rule on how much air is in it as long it is aried up to the shape of a football. I was in the army and your not suppose to haze or be little a soldier in front of their peers. Sqme thig here.

Y'know....I can't get too worked up about this one way or the other. If it had been a close game maybe I would feel differently, but the Colts got KILLED in that game. Regardless of ball inflation they were simply outmatched. I'm inclined to think that the splats have already been punished enough by adding YET ANOTHER asterix to their record. For ever people will say that Brady was a great QB that played on the cheatingest team in the history of the NFL.

You give a warning to the league aince you know its a league wide deal. You dont humiliate a person in fro t kf the peers to prove a point. But you know everyone does it so you give everyone a warning. Its a stupid rule anyways. There shouldn5 be a rule on how much air is in it as long it is aried up to the shape of a football. I was in the army and your not suppose to haze or be little a soldier in front of their peers. Sqme thig here.
    That's it right there. If they'd been caught in another spygate, that'd be one thing. But a couple psi in a football? The punishment should fit the crime, not "Pile it on because we finally caught them doing something."

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's it right there. If they'd been caught in another spygate, that'd be one thing. But a couple psi in a football? The punishment should fit the crime, not "Pile it on because we finally caught them doing something."

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    You should see the posts about this by Donkeys fans around the web. Talk about "straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel".

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You should see the posts about this by Donkeys fans around the web. Talk about "straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel".
    No doubts there. There's no love lost between those two organizations. As bad as Jim Irsay can be, can you imagine what it would've been like if the Broncos had been the "victim" of deflategate? At least the Colts coaches & players pulled their big boy pants up and said it didn't matter.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast