Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

Default Tom Brady Suspension could be announced today

The Pats fear he could be suspended for 6 or 8 games. As nice as that will be i just think they will give him a slap on the wrist

WOW! A 1st and 4th rounder, $1 mill and a 4 game suspension for Brady? HOLY CRAP! I'm ASTONISHED! I am no fan of Brady, but I do recognize him as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. All-in-all I think this is mostly a reaction to Brady not surrendering his texts. No matter how you slice it, that was obstruction and obstruction of an investigation is a crime.

Also, I bet Brady only gets like 1 game or something when he appeals......

NFL will not let Brady miss a game against the Cowboys, especially if that game is prime-time.

Brady isn't even in the same zip code as Montana, tougher era then than now

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Brady isn't even in the same zip code as Montana, tougher era then than now
    BINGO!! Brady is good to a point, but I could not take him, or any other QB, over Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Brady isn't even in the same zip code as Montana,
    I'm not quite sure about that. Montana was better. No doubt in my mind. But I think both of them were in the top 3 or at the very least the top 5 to ever play QB in the NFL. That makes them both very damned fine QBs. I DON'T LIKE Brady or the damned splats. But I respect anyone who is one of the best in his or her chosen profession.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    BINGO!! Brady is good to a point, but I could not take him, or any other QB, over Montana.
    With that I agree completely! Montana in his prime was without a doubt in my mind the very best QB to ever play the game. I doubt there will EVER be another Joe Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    With that I agree completely! Montana in his prime was without a doubt in my mind the very best QB to ever play the game. I doubt there will EVER be another Joe Montana.
    That's right and those of us, like you and me, that watched Montana play his entire career know that Turd Elway was never in the same class as Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's right and those of us, like you and me, that watched Montana play his entire career know that Turd Elway was never in the same class as Montana.
    Elway was a good QB and back when he played I was a football fan rather than just a Chiefs fan and watched any football that was on TV. Saw a lot of Montana, saw a lot of Elway. Elway was good. Very good. But he really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Montana. Comparing the two is like comparing a McDonald's hamburger to the best steak you ever ate. They are both beef, but the comparison ends right there. And Elway was no Brady either.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Elway was a good QB and back when he played I was a football fan rather than just a Chiefs fan and watched any football that was on TV. Saw a lot of Montana, saw a lot of Elway. Elway was good. Very good. But he really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Montana. Comparing the two is like comparing a McDonald's hamburger to the best steak you ever ate. They are both beef, but the comparison ends right there. And Elway was no Brady either.
    And this precisely why Marty Schottenheimer lost all credibility when he made the sick statement that "Elway was the best QB to ever play". Hey Marty, did you not see Super Bowl 24?

I just hate qll the over reaction that this whole thing got. I know they got caught with the spy gate but if you really know that situation the only thing they got in trouble for was having the camerss in the wrong place bit ot was all legal and everyone did it. They just had the cameras in the wrong place. The pats could have brought them all on themselves when you play with fire by always trying to throw new winkles and all but if you want to think outside the box and be creative you cant fault them. If by chance brady did know about it the best thing he could have done was said yes i told them but i never told them to go below the minimum psi levels. Which they never proved. I know its a cop out to ssy everyone does it bit thats a fact. I hope they change the psi rules anyways.
    I thi k he will win the appeals and will only come out with a fine. The wells report left alot of stuff out and did t even acknowledge the other issues with the whole ordeal. It was all directed towards finding the pats guilty and none of it seems bias. If your going to make it all public tell all the story and all the evidence and testimonies. Why onl6 release what supports your cause? I think its more the process and issue itself i dont respect.
    Even if brady came out and didnt appeal and accepted the punishment and admitted and apologies everyone would still hate him and just pile it on him. Its all backfired on the nfl. Now they might be without their stat player on national televised games. And if they was warned ahead of time and set up a sting why did they let them play a whole half of the game with deflated balls? Why not retest them right before kick off while thekr on the field already? And why did they not believe the ref when he said he thinks he use two different gauges at the beginning of the game feom the halftime checks which would have explained the difference of psi levels?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast