Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign 4 of the 9 picks

Default Chiefs sign 4 of the 9 picks

Center Mitch Morse, ILB Ramik Wilson, OLB D.J. Alexander and DE Roches

The rest will be soon to follow. Thank goodness for the new CBA rookie wage scale. Dee Ford was signed within two weeks of the draft last year. Expect to hear news of Marcus Peters getting his deal done soon.

Yeah could you imagine how high it would be to sign the picks now at the rate it was going?

The salary cap wasn't going to happen without a rookie wage scale.

TE O'seanessy and WR Da'ron Brown had been signed leaving just 3 Peters, Conley and Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The rest will be soon to follow. Thank goodness for the new CBA rookie wage scale. Dee Ford was signed within two weeks of the draft last year. Expect to hear news of Marcus Peters getting his deal done soon.
    Yep

I think for the most part the days of the holdouts is pretty much over. Which is just great news for football
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yep

I think for the most part the days of the holdouts is pretty much over. Which is just great news for football
    Something had to be done to end all that stupid spending for college draftees. Things had gotten even worse than what they were in the '60's when there were massive bidding wars for college talent between the AFL and NFL prior to the merger of the two leagues in 1966 and the common draft being instituted in 1967. There were no bidding wars this time around -- just ludicrous spending that never made any sense to me. I never could figure out how or why it escalated to what it did.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-11-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Amidst all this discussion of what players cost these days, I'm going to throw in 1 more "Thank You" to Tamba Hali for making some money sacrifices to stay a Chief. He proved that at least for some players it's not "all about the cash".

And I should also say "Thank you" to Clark Hunt and John Dorsey for doing the "right thing" by Eric Berry. We REALLY could have used some cap space this year and there were ways to keep Berry and cut his pay. But we didn't do that. Hunt and Dorsey did what was right.

It's things like this that make me a Chiefs fan.

I'm hoping we pick up former Texans Safety D.J. Swearinger off waivers

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Amidst all this discussion of what players cost these days, I'm going to throw in 1 more "Thank You" to Tamba Hali for making some money sacrifices to stay a Chief. He proved that at least for some players it's not "all about the cash".

And I should also say "Thank you" to Clark Hunt and John Dorsey for doing the "right thing" by Eric Berry. We REALLY could have used some cap space this year and there were ways to keep Berry and cut his pay. But we didn't do that. Hunt and Dorsey did what was right.

It's things like this that make me a Chiefs fan.
    On the other/purely business side, I'm concerned with what happens if they keep him on the roster and pay him his full salary. This is the last year of his contract. If we keep him on the roster, is he a FA next offseason? If so, that raises HUGE questions. What do you pay someone who is probowl caliber, but hasn't been able to play in 2 seasons, and who knows what kind of condition he would be in?!? Do you offer him an extension, big player money, a "prove it" contract?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast