Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 4 in it's entirety

Default Super Bowl 4 in it's entirety

For those that never got to see the full game that the Chiefs won against the Vikings 23-7, on January 11, 1970, well here is your chance. Somebody was kind enough to upload the entire broadcast (game, commercials, and half-time show) to YouTube. It's broken into two parts -- the 1st half and the 2nd half. The video's are in black & white (sorry, but I can't do anything about that), and the audio is kind of hissy. But it is certainly better than nothing.

The 1st half can be viewed here:

The 2nd half can be viewed here:

It really frosts me that NFL GameRewind doesn't have the Chiefs SB win in its archives.

MODS SHOULD STICKY THIS FOR A WHILE !!

Thanks for that brdempsey! And yes....this deserves to stick for a while!

TY for posting this. Always love the Otis Taylor TD catch.

I always liked Aaron Brown's tackle on Joe Kapp. It wasn't a cheap shot, but Kapp was done for the day. Aaron Brown had also wrecked Raiders QB Daryle Lamonica the week before in the AFL Championship game.

Lamonica.....that name brings back bad memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Lamonica.....that name brings back bad memories.
    Especially on Dec. 22, 1968, in the Western Division Playoff. Both teams had finished 12-2 and had split their games. Lamonica torched the Chiefs with 5 TD passes and the Raiders swamped the Chiefs 41-6 in that game. Fred Biletnikoff was the primary receiver that did the most damage. This is what prompted the Chiefs to draft CB Jim Marsalis at #23 overall in the 1969 draft. Marsalis shut out Biletnikoff in the AFL Championship game played on Jan. 4, 1970 and picked off one of Lamonica's passes in the 4th QTR.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Especially on Dec. 22, 1968, in the Western Division Playoff. Both teams had finished 12-2 and had split their games. Lamonica torched the Chiefs with 5 TD passes and the Raiders swamped the Chiefs 41-6 in that game. Fred Biletnikoff was the primary receiver that did the most damage. This is what prompted the Chiefs to draft CB Jim Marsalis at #23 overall in the 1969 draft. Marsalis shut out Biletnikoff in the AFL Championship game played on Jan. 4, 1970 and picked off one of Lamonica's passes in the 4th QTR.
    DAMN!!!! You have a better memory than I do! My memories of Lamonica are vague but haunting. You remember specific events. My compliments.

^^Another thing I remember vividly is how the Chiefs Defense came back in 1969 and made opponents pay dearly for that 1968 Western Division Playoff debacle. The physical beating that they laid on opponents was off the scale.

Thank you for stickying this. What we see in those videos is what we hope to see from this current Chiefs regime. I'll say this, at least they are making a sincere effort to move this franchise towards that objective.

And I'd say they are making good progress.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast