Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: chase daniels will be trade bait soon...

Default chase daniels will be trade bait soon...

i think so at least.

maybe it doesn't happen until the season starts, but...

he's worth more to say 'buffalo' as a starter, than kc as a backup.

he's one of the highest paid backups for a reason, and the chiefs need space for houston.

i am surprised his name has not came up, even after the draft.

its just kc cant keep daniels if they want to keep houston.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Ok you shouldn't stat that in the title kf its just what you think or atleast say i think. Its misleading. And i dont hink daniels is worth anything tl trade.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    i think so at least.

maybe it doesn't happen until the season starts, but...

he's worth more to say 'buffalo' as a starter, than kc as a backup.

he's one of the highest paid backups for a reason, and the chiefs need space for houston.

i am surprised his name has not came up, even after the draft.

its just kc cant keep daniels if they want to keep houston.
    Really, 4 million dollars is what will make or break the Houston Deal. How about Sean Smith.

His name has come up a bunch, months ago when the Chiefs needed to make cap space. Fact of the matter until Murray or Bray steps up and proves they are capable of replacing him, or a team becomes desparate and makes the Chiefs an offer they can't refuse, he will remain a Chief. The last thing the Chiefs want is to trade Daniel for monetary need only to have Alex get hurt the following day.

Y'know...this is a complicated issue. Chase Daniels has proved himself a darned good backup QB. He is also a VERY WELL PAID backup QB. Unless Reid thinks Bray or Murray is at least close to being ready to take the #2 spot then the idea of trading or cutting Daniels makes me very nervous because as Seek said if we trade or cut Daniels what do we do if Smith gets seriously injured the next day.

But then, there is the whole Houston issue.....There has been a ton of talk about Houston maybe holding out until week 10 etc etc etc. And that has to be worrisome to any Chiefs fan.

So my final take is simply this.....if trading or cutting Daniels will give us the cap space we need to sign Houston to a new deal then by all means trade or cut him. Of course, we could save even more cap space by cutting or NFIing Eric Berry but that would be wrong. Wrong morally, Wrong for the team atmosphere Reid is building, just all around WRONG so as far as I am concerned that's the wrong thing to do.

So in the end, I guess I just have to trust the judgement of Reid-Dorsey. So far they haven't given me any reason not to.....

Isn't Bray on the injured list? T. Pryor was released, so that just leaves Smith, Daniels & Murray. Don't think that Daniels is going anywhere at this point.

If we sign Houston to a long term contract, there is a 90% chance we end up with MORE cap space this year. We do not need to free up more space in order to sign Houston. The way long term contracts are organized, not all of it counts against the cap. With a franchise player contract, 100% of it counts against the cap. We just need to either offer him a reasonable contract or get him to accept a reasonable contract, or a little of both.

So, cutting Daniel, or any other player, has nothing to do with Houston signing. I doubt Daniel is on the trading block. I would have believed it if we had not cut Pryor last week. Now that Pryor is gone, we have no experience behind Smith, and Bray is probably a few months away from being cleared to play after his ACL.

plus well have like 40 sum million in cap space next year plus whatever we dont use this year

BTW. His name is Chase Daniel There is no S at the end. I used to call him Daniels also until a couple of MU fans felt it necessary to correct me. I don't know why I called him Daniels. It is natural to just think there needs to be an S or possibly because it has just been written/reported wrong so many times it is just carried forward?

gratuitous bump

forget the houston aspect, but its shaping up to "be a possibility".

depending on murrays progress obviously.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast