Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Steals

Default Draft Steals

I think in terms of draft steals we got many in the draft with Marcus Peters and Steven Nelson but also 2 undrafted gems Mississippi State Justin Cox and Pittsburg State CB De'Vante Bausby these two are absolute studs. Mitch Morse took the majority of his rookie camp plays at Center and just a few at Right Guard, in the end I feel Center will be his home. Chris Conley is just a baller, I think it will be Maclin, Wilson, Avant, Conley until he gets to the middle of the season and Rogers. ILB Ramik Wilson is a steal my only thing with him is he needs to add another 5-10 pounds, D.J. Alexander is underrated and will surprise some people this year he has good lateral speed and will most likely be and Outside Linebacker but both of these guys are learning from the best. O'shawnessey will be the number 2 TE and key on special teams so Dave Toub should love this guy, he once knocked himself out on a special teams play so his is extremely determined and tough. We also invited Southern Illinois RB Malcolm Agnew which I felt we could go after in the draft he will be one to watch as well. LB Sage Harold from James Madison is one to keep an eye on too. If Iowa State DT can learn to control his damn temper he could be a huge asset as well. Lastly that Roches kid is a freaking nightmare I believe he can be an every down lineman, he is big nasty and mean everything we like

I saw a post elsewhere on the web where somebody was all puked out that they took Morse in the 2nd round. Their reasoning was that they could have gotten the same type of player in rounds 5-6, and they should have taken WR Tyler Lockette, instead. This is a crock of BS.

Firstly, the Chiefs already have a player that can be likened to Lockette by the name of Albert Wilson. Wilson showed enough last year to warrant a further look. The Chiefs didn't need a WR like Lockette. They needed a WR like Conley -- a tall WR with world-class speed. If Conley develops, then Wilson would be a great candidate for the slot WR position, as well as giving Maclin an occasional breather.

Secondly, they would not have gotten a guy like Morse in rounds 5-6. Morse was one of the top performers at the Combine amongst the O-Lineman, and he was not going to fall out of the 2nd round. Seattle and Tampa Bay were both interested in Morse. Granted, Kush will probably be the opening day starter at Center, but there was nobody behind him.

Thirdly, for those living in their fantasy football worlds, they are quickly forgetting that from 2000 -- 2009, the Chiefs took only one(1) O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds of the draft (Albert in 2008 -- big deal!) and this strategy caused their O-Line to degenerate into nothing and it isn't any mystery why the Chiefs had the worst record of any team in the AFC from 2007 -- 2012.

Sorry I know its a long post. I agree with everything you said BR, I like Lockette a lot but we already have Wilson. I think well be just fine this year

Back to your initial subject about finding diamonds in the rough, yes they may have done so with their later round picks and UDFA's, but you don't try to build an O-Line this way, as others elsewhere (not you, here) are seemingly suggesting. It doesn't work, as history has proven.

As for the UDFA's, they did pick up a local kid named Bausby, a CB, who is 6-2 and runs 4.4. Who knows, he could be another diamond in the rough.

Im actually encouraged by our oline this year

^^The biggest problem with the O-Line last year was clearly the interior. The acquisitions of Grubbs and Fanaika, along with the drafting of Morse were positive steps to try to address that issue. Let's hope it works for them on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^The biggest problem with the O-Line last year was clearly the interior. The acquisitions of Grubbs and Fanaika, along with the drafting of Morse were positive steps to try to address that issue. Let's hope it works for them on the field.
    If anything, between what happened with our secondary in '13, and our WR corps and O-line last year...the front office is at least making the effort.

This year we went from the 2nd youngest oline to the 15th youngest oline

Since the subject in this thread is 'draft day steals', let's rewind the clock one year & keeps our eyes on our 2014 5th round draftee this preseason -- QB Aaron Murray.

This team has had NO success drafting QB's since 1970 & it's bad enough to make you literally want to throw up, when closely examined -- it's that bad. Really hoping Murray develops and gets them off the schnide.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 05-18-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Since the subject in this thread is 'draft day steals', let's rewind the clock one year & keeps our eyes on our 2014 5th round draftee this preseason -- QB Aaron Murray.

This team has had NO success drafting QB's since 1970 & it's bad enough to make you literally want to throw up, when closely examined -- it's that bad. Really hoping Murray develops and gets them off the schnide.
    Agreed. And Reid-Dorsey seem to be constantly looking for a bargain QB to groom. Worth remembering that both Brady and Staubach were picked very late in the draft. We're long overdue and I think that we're going to strike gold!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast