Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A response to Fatlock!

Default A response to Fatlock!

Jason Whitlock: Priest Holmes is a Big Fat Faker, Liar and Quitter

Posted Oct 26th 2007 9:54AM by Dan Benton

When Priest Holmes absorbed a helmet-to-helmet shot against the San Diego Chargers in October of 2005, things looked pretty bad. While he was able to stumble off the field, everyone knew that his season, and possibly his career were over.

A few days later, the Chiefs placed Holmes on injured reserve and rumors started flying. There were reports that any future damage could cause long-term paralysis and that one Doctor even discovered a lump on his spine. However, Priest and his entourage quickly disputed those claims, but gave no real indication on how severe the injury was or whether or not the record-breaking running back would retire.

The following season, Holmes began to express his desire to play again, but could not get medical clearance. Kansas City promptly placed him on the physically unable to perform list where he spent the entire season. But despite that setback, Holmes rarely seemed to waver. His heart appeared set on returning to the football field, and last week, he did exactly that. After two long years and a possible career-ending injury, Priest was back out there.

Normally, that would be a miraculous story, right? Wrong. In those two years, the mainstream media has changed significantly. No longer are private lives untouchable, and no longer are men taken at their word. Unfortunately for Holmes, his somewhat air-headed attitude and private personality have paved the way for his actions injury to be questioned.
    "I don't dislike Priest Holmes. For reasons I do not know, I believe he intentionally tries to confuse people, particularly the news media, coaches and front-office executives. That is his right. For that reason, I believe virtually nothing that comes out of his mouth. I believe his actions.

He quit football. Nothing wrong with that. He tired of the game, took an opportunity to walk away and collect a 2006 paycheck while sitting at home. I say he "quit" because his actions indicate just that. Players get injured all the time, and you can't get them away from the game, the locker room, the film study, the fellowship with teammates and coaches," wrote Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.
    Whitlock has a point, but it's a moot one. The reality is, none of us know how severe Holmes' injury was -- something he admits within that article. We're not Doctor's, and for all we know, Holmes spent a year laying in bed in immense pain; struggling each day to do things we all take for granted. And sure, I could be way off, but I am playing Devil's Advocate here. I know just as much as Whitlock does and can jump to conclusions just as easily.
    "Holmes' selfishness hurt the Chiefs," Whitlock added.
    It's a shame that Whitlock didn't add to that, because I'd sure like to know how Holmes hurt the Chiefs, and I bet many Kansas City fans would as well.

Say what you will, but Holmes is a feel good story. Is it as feel good as Kevin Everett learning to walk again? Absolutely not, but any time someone can come back from a severe neck/spinal injury, it's inspiring and shouldn't be subject to questioning by anyone who hasn't been in a similar position.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Agreed.

I feel as though I have lost what few brain cells I had left for actually having read those quotes yet once again.

Some body needs to have a talk with him!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Some body needs to have a talk with him!
    That's like trying to reason with a skipping record, or in todays technology an automated response on a constant loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That's like trying to reason with a skipping record, or in todays technology an automated response on a constant loop.
    Were is cousin vinnie.

Were is cousin vinnie.
    "Do the laws of physics cease to exist, on your stove?"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bFGNIsHco"]YouTube - My Cousin Vinny - Cross-examination of Sam Tipton[/ame]
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Were is cousin vinnie.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    "Do the laws of physics cease to exist, on your stove?"

Hilarious show; absolutely laughed my butt off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Hilarious show; absolutely laughed my butt off.
    Agreed!

Agreed!

I will see your agreement, and raise you an indubitably!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I will see your agreement, and raise you an indubitably!

Thats to big of a word for a redneck like me! I am going to strain something while trying to understand. that will help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast