Thread: Any info on what is going on with Houston?

Default Any info on what is going on with Houston?

Hey guys...I could really use your help if anybody has any real info on what is going on with Houston. I've been following the situation as best I can but haven't heard anything in a while and don't know where we are with Houston. Below follows what I have heard but who knows how much or how little of it is true?

1) Houston got hit with a Franchise tag that is worth about $13 million per year.
    2) Houston has not signed the tag.
    3) Houston is pished off about getting the tag.
    4) Houston will skip all training activities and might not report until week 10.
    5) No team will talk to him because if they signed him they would have to give us a '16 and '17 1st round pick.
    6) Dorsey has said they fully expect to sign Houston to a long term deal but that "these things take time".

Can anybody confirm or deny any of the above? Can anybody give me any hard NEW info?

We've made what I think are a lot of improvements in free agency and the draft but I worry that many of those improvements could come to little if we lose Houston because he holds out.

If anybody has any good solid info it would go a long way to quieting down my ulcer.

Thanks...ctchiefsfan

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Hey guys...I could really use your help if anybody has any real info on what is going on with Houston. I've been following the situation as best I can but haven't heard anything in a while and don't know where we are with Houston. Below follows what I have heard but who knows how much or how little of it is true?

1) Houston got hit with a Franchise tag that is worth about $13 million per year.
    2) Houston has not signed the tag.
    3) Houston is pished off about getting the tag.
    4) Houston will skip all training activities and might not report until week 10.
    5) No team will talk to him because if they signed him they would have to give us a '16 and '17 1st round pick.
    6) Dorsey has said they fully expect to sign Houston to a long term deal but that "these things take time".

Can anybody confirm or deny any of the above? Can anybody give me any hard NEW info?

We've made what I think are a lot of improvements in free agency and the draft but I worry that many of those improvements could come to little if we lose Houston because he holds out.

If anybody has any good solid info it would go a long way to quieting down my ulcer.

Thanks...ctchiefsfan
    1, 2, and 3 are facts. The rest have been reported, but reporting some times is opinions, speculation, phishing or planting informaton for leverage.

There is no news about this currently in local media.

So we are still pretty much in "wait and see" mode eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    So we are still pretty much in "wait and see" mode eh?
    Yes. I am sure there will all sorts of rumors and stories though once OTA's start.

I've never been especially good at waiting. :)