Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTA News

Default OTA News

The first day of Kansas City Chiefs OTAs are in the books, and we already have some interesting news on a bevy of front. After the practice, head coach Andy Reid addressed the media and spoke on a litany of topics ranging from the offensive line to injury updates. Let’s get right down to business with tweets followed by analysis.

I find this to be very interesting. Reid can talk about rotations all he wants, but with Zach Fulton and Paul Fanaika at practice, I would have expected one of them to be in a starting spot. Instead, former (current?) guard Jeff Allen is starting at right guard next to Donald Stephenson. This could be a very intriguing storyline if Allen continues to get more work at guard than tackle

This isn’t stunning news. Hali was having a lot of trouble with his knee throughout 2014, so getting everything taken care of in the offseason was a smart move by the veteran. After only amassing six sacks last year, Hali is certainly motivated to have a big campaign before hitting free agency in 2016. A healthy Hali means great things for Kansas City.

Obviously, this is tremendous. We are all pulling for Eric Berry to recover and get back to a normal life as soon as possible, regardless of how it affects the Chiefs. If Berry can come back at any point in 2015, one can only imagine the enormous impact it would have on Kansas City in a bevy of ways.

As for Daniel Sorensen, congrats on the child. For Demetrius Harris, this does not appear to be anything serious. It’s nice to see the Chiefs being proactive and taking care of any lingering injuries now, rather than waiting and then having to do this in August. Harris figures to be a key contributor this season behind Travis Kelce, so getting him on the field soon will be key.

Other notes: Husain Abdullah and Allen Bailey were not at practice on Tuesday, having been caught in the storms that are engulfing the south at the moment, per Terez Paylor. Hali says Justin Houston wants to be playing football with the Chiefs, but hasn’t shown up yet, per Sean Keeler of FOX Sports.

I also read they have tried the o-line combination of Fisher, Grubbs, Morse, Stevenson and Allen that combo would be athletic as hell
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 05-26-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's still early, but there are a few positive reports coming regarding 3rd round draftee WR Chris Conley. Really hope this guy can develop, although it may take time, and may not happen this season, but rather next year.
    Where are you hearing this. I have been busy with Baseball with my boys so maybe I missed it, but I usually listen to sport radio in my car and I have a 40 minute commute. I did hear that compared to the other rookies from rookie camp he was clearly above the other receivers and corners there. I have not heard anything about OTA's!!!!!

I have heard a few interviews with him and he is clearly No D. Bowe. The kid is very well spoken, sounds very intelligent and appears to be one of those players who understands that his job requires a lot of work off the field and watching film.

I know it was just a Star Wars Video, but the fact he wrote it, directed it, and was a main character showed me that he is very dedicated to things he loves. It wasn't a George Lucas film but it wasn't just someone rolling a video tape watching people Larping with fake light sabers. A lot of work went into that video. After watching that video and hearing him speak, I am loving this kid. I can't wait to see what he does on the field for us.

Other OTA news says Payton will take snaps exclusively under center this season, which I think will be good for us

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Where are you hearing this. I have been busy with Baseball with my boys so maybe I missed it, but I usually listen to sport radio in my car and I have a 40 minute commute. I did hear that compared to the other rookies from rookie camp he was clearly above the other receivers and corners there. I have not heard anything about OTA's!!!!!

I have heard a few interviews with him and he is clearly No D. Bowe. The kid is very well spoken, sounds very intelligent and appears to be one of those players who understands that his job requires a lot of work off the field and watching film.

I know it was just a Star Wars Video, but the fact he wrote it, directed it, and was a main character showed me that he is very dedicated to things he loves. It wasn't a George Lucas film but it wasn't just someone rolling a video tape watching people Larping with fake light sabers. A lot of work went into that video. After watching that video and hearing him speak, I am loving this kid. I can't wait to see what he does on the field for us.
    Here you go:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...a-68245ea3f023

Reid said today Cairos Santos has bulked up, and they experimented with Donald Stevenson at Left Tackle. The only constants at their oline positions are Ben Grubbs at Left Guard and Eric Kush at Center
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 05-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Reid said today Cairos Santos has bulked up, and they experimented with Donald Stevenson at Left Tackle. The only constants at their oline positions are Ben Grubbs at Left Guard and Eric Kush at Center
    Reid also said Fisher is doing very well & that the reason for Stephenson taking LT reps with the 1st team is to give Stephenson practice time against full-time starters at LT. In other words, injuries do happen, as we saw with Clady in Donkeyland, and Reid is making sure he's got 2 guys that can man the LT position.

Some of this has already been stated, but figured the out-of-town fans might appreciate this...
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e22535220.html

I really hope that Reid is being honest and they are just getting Stephenson reps and aren't considering benching Fisher.

Reid is a "next man up" type of guy. A man goes down, Reid plugs the hole with the best he has. He's probably just giving people some reps at the hole he might have to stuff them into.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Some of this has already been stated, but figured the out-of-town fans might appreciate this...
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...e22535220.html
    Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I really hope that Reid is being honest and they are just getting Stephenson reps and aren't considering benching Fisher.
    I'll keep looking for it, but in the star there was an article where Reid talked about finding the best five guys among the lineman we have. Personally I believe it's more about training camp competition and stirring the pot with the players to get the best out of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast