Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OTA News

Default OTA News

The first day of Kansas City Chiefs OTAs are in the books, and we already have some interesting news on a bevy of front. After the practice, head coach Andy Reid addressed the media and spoke on a litany of topics ranging from the offensive line to injury updates. Let’s get right down to business with tweets followed by analysis.

I find this to be very interesting. Reid can talk about rotations all he wants, but with Zach Fulton and Paul Fanaika at practice, I would have expected one of them to be in a starting spot. Instead, former (current?) guard Jeff Allen is starting at right guard next to Donald Stephenson. This could be a very intriguing storyline if Allen continues to get more work at guard than tackle

This isn’t stunning news. Hali was having a lot of trouble with his knee throughout 2014, so getting everything taken care of in the offseason was a smart move by the veteran. After only amassing six sacks last year, Hali is certainly motivated to have a big campaign before hitting free agency in 2016. A healthy Hali means great things for Kansas City.

Obviously, this is tremendous. We are all pulling for Eric Berry to recover and get back to a normal life as soon as possible, regardless of how it affects the Chiefs. If Berry can come back at any point in 2015, one can only imagine the enormous impact it would have on Kansas City in a bevy of ways.

As for Daniel Sorensen, congrats on the child. For Demetrius Harris, this does not appear to be anything serious. It’s nice to see the Chiefs being proactive and taking care of any lingering injuries now, rather than waiting and then having to do this in August. Harris figures to be a key contributor this season behind Travis Kelce, so getting him on the field soon will be key.

Other notes: Husain Abdullah and Allen Bailey were not at practice on Tuesday, having been caught in the storms that are engulfing the south at the moment, per Terez Paylor. Hali says Justin Houston wants to be playing football with the Chiefs, but hasn’t shown up yet, per Sean Keeler of FOX Sports.

I also read they have tried the o-line combination of Fisher, Grubbs, Morse, Stevenson and Allen that combo would be athletic as hell
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 05-26-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Interesting, but I am dubious about the claim that Hali is a free agent next year. My understanding is that he is under contract though 2019 as part of his contract renegotiation. http://overthecap.com/player/tamba-hali/531/

It says those 4 years are void years so they could improve the cap this year, it says at the end he will be a free agent in 2016

LB Tamba Hali renegotiated his contract with the Chiefs on March 9, 2015. Hali, who had $9 million in non-guaranteed salary for 2015, agreed to receive $6 million of which $5 million came in the form of a signing bonus. The Chief added 4 void years to improve their 2015 salary cap position. Hali will be a free agent in 2016.

My understanding was that he will be a free agent, but I doubt he is going anywhere. Her is either retiring or going to sign a short reasonable contact with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    It says those 4 years are void years so they could improve the cap this year, it says at the end he will be a free agent in 2016

LB Tamba Hali renegotiated his contract with the Chiefs on March 9, 2015. Hali, who had $9 million in non-guaranteed salary for 2015, agreed to receive $6 million of which $5 million came in the form of a signing bonus. The Chief added 4 void years to improve their 2015 salary cap position. Hali will be a free agent in 2016.
    Thank you for correcting me! Any day I learn something is a good day! :)

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My understanding was that he will be a free agent, but I doubt he is going anywhere. Her is either retiring or going to sign a short reasonable contact with us.
    Agreed. I think he made it pretty clear that he is a Chief for life.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Definitely agree. Barring injury, can see Tamba playing for us for a few more years.

Y'know....Tamba is really a GREAT CHIEF!!! When we needed help because of the salary cap he just stepped right up to the plate and VOLUNTEERED to help. You just don't see that very much any more. Tamba doesn't have a lot of active playing time ahead of him. But when he does retire, I hope that if he is interested the Chiefs will find a job with the team for him.....coaching, scouting, I dunno. But I DO KNOW that if after retirement he accepted a position with the Chiefs he would work VERY HARD to be the best there was at that job.

THANK YOU Tamba for being a truly great Chief!

It's still early, but there are a few positive reports coming regarding 3rd round draftee WR Chris Conley. Really hope this guy can develop, although it may take time, and may not happen this season, but rather next year.

It would be great if he could start having an impact in the last half of the season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast