Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher a bust?

Default Fisher a bust?

Reid has Fisher taking snaps with the 2nd team in ota's, with Stephenson taking 1st team snaps...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Funny how nobody was slapping this "make or break" label on Branden Albert going into 2010, and he was allowed to play his entire rookie contract at LT, in spite of his rotten performance in both 2009 and 2010.

Therefore, I don't see this year as "make or break" for Fisher. He should be allowed that same chance that Albert got, especially since last season was really his rookie year all over again.
    Actually they were. At least I was and I know others were as well. We were ready to move him to guard because he was struggling so much on outside rushes and was holding a lot. I am actually not upset he is gone as he valued himself much higher than what he was.

Fisher gets one more year, but to be honest I thought Albert was ahead of where Fisher is after year two. Given where they were drafted, yes Fisher appears to be a bust.

Reading too much into it definitely Reid already said he wants everyone at different positions on the line at training camp this year in case of injury so i have no problem with it. Reid has already said Fisher is doing great
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 05-29-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Actually they were. At least I was and I know others were as well. We were ready to move him to guard because he was struggling so much on outside rushes and was holding a lot. I am actually not upset he is gone as he valued himself much higher than what he was.

Fisher gets one more year, but to be honest I thought Albert was ahead of where Fisher is after year two. Given where they were drafted, yes Fisher appears to be a bust.
    The overhead camera tells me differently. No way was Albert ahead of Fisher after year two. Albert was nothing but revolving door in year two in 2009 -- to the point where the Chiefs were handing the ball to Charles on 3rd and long or having Cassel throw the ball as soon as it was snapped to him throughout the 2nd half of the season. Let us not forget that Albert in his 3rd season, gave up 9 sacks in his last 5 starts, in addition to allowing tons of hits on the QB throughout the 2010 season. By contrast, Fisher allowed 7 sacks in 2014 and didn't surrender anywhere near the number of hits on the QB.

Given that last year was essentially Fisher's rookie season all over again (1st year at LT in the NFL with no off-season preparation), I can't call him a bust, regardless of draft status. If we go by your logic of draft status, then we'd have to call Berry a bust as well, because there is no way he ever came close to living up to his #5 overall draft status or the 60 million dollar contract that he was signed to. Berry was an Ok player to a point, but he was way overhyped, overdrafted, and overpaid.

As for Fisher getting "one more season" -- says who? That has to come down from Andy Reid & John Dorsey, and I'll bet that's not happening. More likely Fisher will get to be the starting LT throughout the length of his rookie contract, as long as he's healthy, and then if Dorsey/Reid aren't satisfied, then they'll move on to somebody else.

Moving guys along the line in OTA's is standard operating procedure. Let's say Fisher goes down in game one, we need to have somebody that's capable of playing left tackle. It might be nice if they've taken a couple of snaps in practice with the 1st stringers.

Fisher is the LT, nothing to see here.

^^Thank you, Coach. My point is: Fisher should get the same chance (multiple years playing LT) that Albert got. Draft status has NOTHING whatsoever to do with it.

Topic of this threads is stupid. Seriously debating this after only 2 years is pointless. You cant honestly say he is or isn5 in just two years. And albert was awful in his first few years. I fully expect fisher to habe a breakout year thisyear witha full offseason under his belt for the 1st time. Bit to debate kf hes a bust right now or not is just stupid cuz you cant honestly tell right now either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Reid has Fisher taking snaps with the 2nd team in ota's, with Stephenson taking 1st team snaps...

You obviously didnt read the story behind it. He was just giving back ups reps. Or you was only trying to feed your own hatred of fisher and wanted a reason to claim hes a bust. But to start a thread and not tell the whole story kinda shows what you was trying to do.

I can't deny that I am somewhat disappointed in Fisher. Any time someone is drafted #1 overall it creates a lot of expectations. And some of those expectations are unreasonable. I gave Fisher a hall pass his first year because he was playing out of position. So last year was essentially his rookie year. IMO he did....well....maybe OK. Though certainly he did not live up to expectations of a #1 overall pick.

Way too early IMO to call him a bust. But I must say that I think he needs to show some BIG improvement this year. Not a bust by a long shot. But so far at least I think he has underperformed for a #1 overall pick. I will say though that had he been taken in that latter part of the second round I don't think we would see people suggesting he is a bust.

^^ I can't say I'm disappointed with Fisher, but I do want to see him improve. I never thought he'd be an instant superstar, because he came from the MAC, just like Joe Staley. Staley took about 3-4 years to justify his 1st round status. 2013 draft class just wasn't a very good draft class at the top, as far as anybody being instant star-caliber. Tackles sometimes do take time to perfect their craft in the NFL. Look no further than Jackie Slater who played 20 seasons with the Rams, but was a sideline spectator for his first 4 years. And certainly, playing Fisher at RT, to me was a total waste of his 1st year in pro ball. It's Albert that should have been made to make the switch to another position.

Anyone who wants to talk bust should look no further than the #3 overall pick in 2012, RB Trent Richardson. He's with his 3rd team now (Raiders), while the Chiefs landed Knile Davis in round 3 in 2013. Or the #3 overall pick in 2013, that the Fins traded a 2nd round pick to move up for Dion Jordan, whereas the Chiefs got Dee Ford at #23 overall in 2014.

i think the whole top 5 of that draft is a bust

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast