Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Alex a Genius?

Default Is Alex a Genius?

think about it...

he has only been efficient because hes never had anyone to throw the long ball to?

a game manager means he is dealing with the tools provided.

is it possible were he in a donkey uniform the last two years he would have eclipsed 4000 yards?

i think we underestimate alex.

if he had the same teams as say peyton or brees, he would put up the same numbers.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    A pitiful excuse for its mommy not exercising birth-control at whatever point in time it was conceived.

People continually miss this point. Why not bring a guy like Alex Smith on board to help get more W's, than they would get if they drafted a QB and thrown him into the fire, only to watch the drafted QB struggle and the L's keep piling up.
    You got that EXACTLY RIGHT. 2 years with Alex, Reid and Dorsey and our regular season record is 20-12. 62.5% win record. In the previous 9 years (2004-2012) the Chiefs were 55-89. 38.1% win record. Go back to 98 and it doesn't get any better. From '98 to 2003 (6 years) and there were only 2 winning seasons. The last time we went 20-12 over 2 years was '03 and '04.....more than 10 years. Smith-Reid-Dorsey is a winning combination. Will it be a good enough combination to win the Super Bowl? Dunno. But I know that so far it's a much better combination than we have seen in a LONG TIME.

Ha the elway pics are hilarious. The alex being a genius well yeah he is a very very smart qb. But there is no way he is close to manning or brees talent wise. If he played for the donkeys or saints he would put about the same numbers as he has as a chief and a 49er. Alex is what he is he will never be a gun slinger high attempt guy.

Manning isn't that gifted either

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Manning isn't that gifted either
    Ha obviously. I cant stand him as a donkey. But it was fun watching him perform with the colts. Except the chiefs indy playoff game where there was not one defensive stop

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Ha the elway pics are hilarious. The alex being a genius well yeah he is a very very smart qb. But there is no way he is close to manning or brees talent wise. If he played for the donkeys or saints he would put about the same numbers as he has as a chief and a 49er. Alex is what he is he will never be a gun slinger high attempt guy.
    Last time anybody checked, Smith won the post-season head to head match against Brees, and also last time anybody checked, Alex hasn't crapped his pants in the post-season or choked the way Manning has.

Brees took a little while to develop; Manning was really good from word go but growing up with Archie Manning as your dad will have that effect on a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Brees took a little while to develop; Manning was really good from word go but growing up with Archie Manning as your dad will have that effect on a person.
    Yeah...If I remember correctly Dawson held the record for most completed passes in a row in a single game for quite a while and I thing it was Archie Manning who broke it with 17.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Last time anybody checked, Smith won the post-season head to head match against Brees, and also last time anybody checked, Alex hasn't crapped his pants in the post-season or choked the way Manning has.
    From what I have seen, Alex generally performs better in the playoffs than the regular season. I may be wrong, but doesn't manning hold the record for most one and dones by a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Pretty much agree here.

Alex would put up somewhat better numbers with those teams I would say I think he would have had a WR with a TD not throwing to the likes of AJ Jenkins and Frankie Hammonds outside of there number 1. But I don't think he would come close to having the Manning or Brees numbers. He just doesn't have that aggersion.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah...If I remember correctly Dawson held the record for most completed passes in a row in a single game for quite a while and I thing it was Archie Manning who broke it with 17.
    What I remember most about Archie Manning was that he got voted league MVP, depsite being on a team that was 7-9.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast