Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Alex a Genius?

Default Is Alex a Genius?

think about it...

he has only been efficient because hes never had anyone to throw the long ball to?

a game manager means he is dealing with the tools provided.

is it possible were he in a donkey uniform the last two years he would have eclipsed 4000 yards?

i think we underestimate alex.

if he had the same teams as say peyton or brees, he would put up the same numbers.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

Anything is possible; I maintain that what we had in Matt Castle was the very opposite of a Game Manager yet we have been no closer to a championship since. However, Smith has only been with the team for two years and given the choice I would take Smith over Castle any day of the week and twice on Sunday. A good QB is only as good as his supporting cast, IMO, so your point has some merit.

I'm looking forward to the start of the season...as always!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 06-26-2015 at 09:42 PM.

I wouldn't agree that Smith would be putting up the same numbers as Manning, Brees ect

A thing that does hold Alex back a bit is that he's not aggressive he tends to play it safe and sometimes to safe. That's something the Manning and Brees will have over him with the same group. I will agree many underestimate Alex but he just isn't going to put up those numbers

But I would agree that we didn't have much to work with going downfield. I mean if you covered Bowe then who else did we have? Frankie Hammond JR? AJ Jenkins? Would they scare ANYONE?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I wouldn't agree that Smith would be putting up the same numbers as Manning, Brees ect

A thing that does hold Alex back a bit is that he's not aggressive he tends to play it safe and sometimes to safe. That's something the Manning and Brees will have over him with the same group. I will agree many underestimate Alex but he just isn't going to put up those numbers

But I would agree that we didn't have much to work with going downfield. I mean if you covered Bowe then who else did we have? Frankie Hammond JR? AJ Jenkins? Would they scare ANYONE?
    True, and fortunately I don't think he has to if he has someone to throw to. The run game will take care of the rest.

I like Alex Smith. I think he will break the curse and *maybe even* get us a Super Bowl appearance. But I don't think for a minute that he'll ever get mentioned in the same breath as Staubach, Montana, Manning etc.

But y'know.....give him a good O-line, good receivers and JC and I think that he *might*, *maybe* could win a Super Bowl. It's not like he didn't get at least close in San Fran.

Lesser QBs than Smith have won Super Bowls. With his contract, he is what we have for at least the next 2 years so we need to give him all the tools (O-line, receivers, running game) that we can. It's not like those tools won't benefit whoever replaces Alex. With Reid taking some of the load off JC maybe JC can last the 4-6 more years he claims he wants. Lets remember....Marcus Allen came to us when he was 32 or 33--about 3 years older than JC is now-- and played for us VERY EFFECTIVELY. With a lightened work load I have no problem imagining JC playing for us for 2-3 years after Smith leaves. Build the O-line from youth, build the receiver corps and I see no reason JC could't get a ring with whoever replaces Smith.

As for Cassel.....I'd rather have Chase Daniel.

I'll be honest, here. The question of this thread is almost like asking is Elway a Donkey? Well, the pic below of these twins should easily answer that question.

donkelway.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I like Alex Smith. I think he will break the curse and *maybe even* get us a Super Bowl appearance. But I don't think for a minute that he'll ever get mentioned in the same breath as Staubach, Montana, Manning etc.

But y'know.....give him a good O-line, good receivers and JC and I think that he *might*, *maybe* could win a Super Bowl. It's not like he didn't get at least close in San Fran.

Lesser QBs than Smith have won Super Bowls. With his contract, he is what we have for at least the next 2 years so we need to give him all the tools (O-line, receivers, running game) that we can. It's not like those tools won't benefit whoever replaces Alex. With Reid taking some of the load off JC maybe JC can last the 4-6 more years he claims he wants. Lets remember....Marcus Allen came to us when he was 32 or 33--about 3 years older than JC is now-- and played for us VERY EFFECTIVELY. With a lightened work load I have no problem imagining JC playing for us for 2-3 years after Smith leaves. Build the O-line from youth, build the receiver corps and I see no reason JC could't get a ring with whoever replaces Smith.

As for Cassel.....I'd rather have Chase Daniel.
    THIS. My feeling is that Smith was brought here, not to be the next Montana, but to help get this team back to respectability, without putting the fanbase through multiple losing seasons to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'll be honest, here. The question of this thread is almost like asking is Elway a Donkey? Well, the pic below of these twins should easily answer that question.

donkelway.jpg
    Dangitall I just ate, the last thing I needed to see was a picture from Elway's family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

donkelway.jpg
    Whose that UGLY FORNICATOR on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Whose that UGLY FORNICATOR on the right?
    A pitiful excuse for its mommy not exercising birth-control at whatever point in time it was conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. My feeling is that Smith was brought here, not to be the next Montana, but to help get this team back to respectability, without putting the fanbase through multiple losing seasons to rebuild.
    People continually miss this point. Why not bring a guy like Alex Smith on board to help get more W's, than they would get if they drafted a QB and thrown him into the fire, only to watch the drafted QB struggle and the L's keep piling up.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 06-27-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast