Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals vs. Chiefs

Default Royals vs. Chiefs

You want to know why the Royals have built an organization that is a 'legitimate' contender to win championships?
    Well, it's because they have a regime that not only understands the most essential elements to success, but also acts upon it.

It's pitching/defense:

1. A starting rotation that logs innings.
    2. A bullpen that shuts the door in late innings and shortens the game.
    3. An athletic defense that catches the ball and saves runs.

This is the aspect of the game where the Royals can't afford to be content with mediocrity. Of course there is no blueprint to a championship, and nothing is ever guaranteed, but this maximizes their chances.

In football, the most essential element is the play/ability of the QB, and to a slightly lesser extent, the philosophy of the head coach (which is, in large part, dependent on the skill/ability of the QB).

Of course baseball and football are vastly different sports, but the principle of placing the highest priority on the quintessentials (respective to their particular sport/league) is very similar.

To put it bluntly, the Royals are where they are because they've focused their efforts there, while the Chiefs have not ..... and continue not to.

My love and passion for both teams, and both sports, is as equal as can possibly be.
    But until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game, I can't take them as a serious threat to bring a championship to KC.

Hope/Optimism is one thing -- Expectation is another.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 07-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    defense wins championships.
    Antiquated grid-iron cliche.

With the rules of the game today, there are no more dominant defenses. No defense can carry a team to a championship. Sure, a team needs to play well on defense, but if you better be able to put up points consistently in today's game.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

We have that kind of defense this year, and with that kind of defense our just offense just needs to be good and we will be just fine. I just hope nobody gets hurt thats the biggest derailer of a team. This defense this year reminds me of the steel curtain they were better than elite and we have that now, kinda hard to lose games when the opponent never scores

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Yea, anything can happen. There's still a ways to go.

What does any of it have to do with the point that the Royals are the better organization?
    Until the all star game last year. The Royals were a joke. My point is also that the Chiefs have more history and despite your Anti Alex Smith errr Chiefs. They have yet to even practice this year and you are already considering them down.

I am extremely happy for the Royals and they are a good but they have issues that I believe will show up in the post season. Just as they do against good teams today. The Royals are beating up on very poor teams and playing 500 against good team. The projected play off teams are beating the Royals. They lack starting pitching which is really kind of the QB of the game. They have great defense and home field advantage. So in your opinion with the lack of a stud QB. The Royals are very much like the Chiefs. Which is why I don't choose one over the other. I like em both.

So if you're wasting bandwidth playing devil's advocate and trying to temper the hype around the Royals, save it, because the point has clearly sailed over your head. But if you're foolishly taking the position that the Chiefs are the better organization, I'd love to hear you to justify it.
    I don't waste my time or effort playing devils advocate. I don't have time for it.

Nor did I say the Chiefs had a better organization than the Royals. I don't follow baseball and haven't since the '80s. In the '60s, '70s and '80s I was a Mets fan. I don't even closely follow the NFL. I'm a Chiefs fan. Period. So all I follow are NFL games that directly affect the Chiefs.

What I did say rather clearly is that your contention that the Royals have a better organization than the Chiefs has not been proved. Should the Royals make a real stir in the playoffs for the next 3 years and the Chiefs don't then I will GLADLY concede your point. But at the moment your statement is nothing more than an unsupported claim.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-21-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't waste my time or effort playing devils advocate. I don't have time for it.

Nor did I say the Chiefs had a better organization than the Royals. I don't follow baseball and haven't since the '80s. In the '60s, '70s and '80s I was a Mets fan. I don't even closely follow the NFL. I'm a Chiefs fan. Period. So all I follow are NFL games that directly affect the Chiefs.

What I did say rather clearly is that your contention that the Royals have a better organization than the Chiefs has not been proved. Should the Royals make a real stir in the playoffs for the next 3 years and the Chiefs don't then I will GLADLY concede your point. But at the moment your statement is nothing more than an unsupported claim.
    Ray is clearly a band wagaon fan. I remember just a year ago, local radio host were interviewig Robb Heinemann, one of the owners of Sporting Kansas City and they specifically asked him if he would be interested in buying the Royals from the Glass family. The Question then also came up to the Glass family if they would sell to Rob Heinemann. They were trying to broker the deal and both sides answered in the politically correct way with no real answer but skirting the question. But why?

The Royals Organization sucks at the very top. The owner mooched of the fans for years and finally started spending money after the rest fo the MLB owners kept looking at his books wondering where he was spending THEIR money tied to the Collective Bargain agreement. I could care very little for Glass famly as to me it is about collecting a check for them. Now the GM. Dayton Moore. Love him.

Clark Hunt. Love him and everything about him. So Starting at the top the Chiefs win over the Royals. The GM John Dorsey - he has made some mistakes but has made some good choices and has turned this team around. The Coach is good and the team is built a lot like the Royals. Good defense, streaky offense but will end up beating teams that make mistakes.

Sporting KC. I could care less. Soccer sucks but they are a good organization. Top to bottom.

Thanks for the support Seek!

Clark Hunt made some mistakes when he first took over. He seemed to feel he could just let the team take care of itself. Well...2012 woke him up out of that dream and since then I think he has done a SPECTACULAR job.

Despite what billy-bob or whatever his name is says, I think that when it comes to front line coaching and management we have the best combination in the NFL. Hunt/Dorsey/Reid/Sutton/Toub are a VERY GOOD combination. None of them may be the BEST at their job in the NFL, but together I think they stack up well against any other combination in the NFL.

But that is only my opinion and unlike billy-bob I won't claim it is a fact. I admit it is only my opinion.

As I said, I no longer follow baseball, And I surely have nothing against the Royals. I hope they do well.

But insisting they have a better organization based on 1 good season is fantasy--or self delusion. Or perhaps just a grudge against the Chiefs for what all Chiefs fans have suffered through for so many years.

In '73 the Mets were cellar-dwellers at the All Star Break. Tug McGraw invented the phrase "You Gotta Believe" and they made the World's Series and came up one game short. In '74 McGraw coined the phrase "You Gotta Believe More in '74" They tanked.

Billy-Bob says the Royals have a better organization. I don't agree, but he could be right. I think the Chiefs have the best organization in the NFL. Billy-Bob doesn't agree. But neither of us can prove our contention because there simply is not enough history.

Only time will tell whether the Chiefs or the Royals have a better organization.

Alex Smith is the epitome of mediocre, but this conversation isn't intended to be specifically about Smith. It's about the laundry list of veteran QBs that the Chiefs have plucked off the bench of someone else's roster, and committed to said QB as the unquestioned leader of the team.

A philosophy that has gotten us more heartache than any fanbase deserves.

But hey, if you're content with making the playoffs periodically, but never being a serious threat to win a championship(s), that's your prerogative. Just don't object to those of us who aren't.
    Only to fantasy-ballers is Alex mediocre. The real numbers that count are the W's in the win column. That's the real stat that counts. The Niners have went on downward spiral since Alex's departure from them.

If your thinking a QB is coming from the draft & automatically make the Chiefs post-season every year, it just so happens the the Chiefs are 0-17 drafting QB's since 1970. Murray is #18 and we'll have to wait and see. There was no QB worth having with the #1 overall pick in 2013.

What round was this guy drafted in by the Chiefs?

LEND.JPG

Exactly right.

Alex is mediocre if he is running for his life after 2 seconds. MOST QBs are. There have been some exceptions. Roger-the-Dodger comes to mind. But there is not a QB in the history of the NFL that consistently does better when he's running for his life than when he has time.

If Alex gets time and has receivers that are any better than 3rd rate he will consistently be in or close to "Top Ten".

Alex Smith is the epitome of mediocre, but this conversation isn't intended to be specifically about Smith. It's about the laundry list of veteran QBs that the Chiefs have plucked off the bench of someone else's roster, and committed to said QB as the unquestioned leader of the team.A philosophy that has gotten us more heartache than any fanbase deserves.But hey, if you're content with making the playoffs periodically, but never being a serious threat to win a championship(s), that's your prerogative. Just don't object to those of us who aren't.
    So in other words, Bengals fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    We have that kind of defense this year, and with that kind of defense our just offense just needs to be good and we will be just fine. I just hope nobody gets hurt thats the biggest derailer of a team. This defense this year reminds me of the steel curtain they were better than elite and we have that now, kinda hard to lose games when the opponent never scores
    This defense has yet to play a down this year.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast