Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals vs. Chiefs

Default Royals vs. Chiefs

You want to know why the Royals have built an organization that is a 'legitimate' contender to win championships?
    Well, it's because they have a regime that not only understands the most essential elements to success, but also acts upon it.

It's pitching/defense:

1. A starting rotation that logs innings.
    2. A bullpen that shuts the door in late innings and shortens the game.
    3. An athletic defense that catches the ball and saves runs.

This is the aspect of the game where the Royals can't afford to be content with mediocrity. Of course there is no blueprint to a championship, and nothing is ever guaranteed, but this maximizes their chances.

In football, the most essential element is the play/ability of the QB, and to a slightly lesser extent, the philosophy of the head coach (which is, in large part, dependent on the skill/ability of the QB).

Of course baseball and football are vastly different sports, but the principle of placing the highest priority on the quintessentials (respective to their particular sport/league) is very similar.

To put it bluntly, the Royals are where they are because they've focused their efforts there, while the Chiefs have not ..... and continue not to.

My love and passion for both teams, and both sports, is as equal as can possibly be.
    But until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game, I can't take them as a serious threat to bring a championship to KC.

Hope/Optimism is one thing -- Expectation is another.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 07-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

stevieray.jpg

Get my drift?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If the Chiefs won 3 Super Bowls in a row Billy-bob would grudgingly admit that Smith is a "little above average".
    Chiefs4Life did ask a fair question, what would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    A lobotomy maybe?
    And that was the answer?

Seriously, what kinda question is that?
    A fair one. We've covered this.

He's just not a good passing QB. He's okay, but the Chiefs should've never committed to him as their unquestioned starter. He'd make an awesome back-up, or 1 year stop-gap starter, but that's about as far as I would go with him.
    Well, hop right down to One Arrowhead Drive, tell them you're there to save the day, and putting in application. They'll love that.

He's had 10 years in the league, he's proven what he is as a QB. The last 2 seasons in KC have been the best of his career. Why should we expect him to suddenly get better?
    Because the last 2 seasons were the best two seasons of his career?? The front office moves that revamped the WR corps? All the attention paid to the O-line in the offseason? A more experienced Travis Kelce? The threat of JC and KD in the backfield?

Dorsey and Reid obviously didn't follow your program. But just to be subjective, let's play the games, we'll find out. Btw, with the front office/coaching carousel history of Minnesota, it's very likely Bridgewater could go through the exact same thing Alex Smith went through in SF, and post similar numbers.

^^Dougster, you will never see him answer the germane point of Alex's performance in that post-season game against Indy that proves that Alex deserves another shot it and why the Chiefs, at least for the time being, should stick with Alex and try to get him another shot at the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^Dougster, you will never see him answer the germane point of Alex's performance in that post-season game against Indy that proves that Alex deserves another shot it and why the Chiefs, at least for the time being, should stick with Alex and try to get him another shot at the post-season.
    Probably so. But obviously Reid and Dorsey think differently, and acted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Because the last 2 seasons were the best two seasons of his career??
    Which speaks volumes about him as an NFL QB. Keep hope alive.

The front office moves that revamped the WR corps? All the attention paid to the O-line in the offseason? A more experienced Travis Kelce? The threat of JC and KD in the backfield?
    Just makes you wonder what the excuses will be this time next year.

Btw, with the front office/coaching carousel history of Minnesota, it's very likely Bridgewater could go through the exact same thing Alex Smith went through in SF, and post similar numbers.
    Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with any point I've made about the Chiefs here.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

It kind of feels like 2009-2011 in here, just replace smith with cassel and you get the same vide. replace Stevie Ray with My man Orton/hali and it's almost the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    It kind of feels like 2009-2011 in here, just replace smith with cassel and you get the same vide. replace Stevie Ray with My man Orton/hali and it's almost the same thing.

My Man actually took more heat for going after Pioli then Cassel at that time.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My Man actually took more heat for going after Pioli then Cassel at that time.
    He got ran out of here, but yet we could all agree we did not like Pioli and Cassel. I like having the different opinions around here, gets more people involved. The most discussed threads will always be the QB ones.Got me thinking, if the chiefs win a playoff game with Smith at QB, he's going to have so many years of "it's okay, he won a playoff game for us". If this happens, how many years does he get before the no playoffs/playoff wins becomes a thing again? Getting that win would be nice but it would suck if the fans just started to get lazy because KC won 1 playoff game and then the next 5 years they won nothing.

Thank you!!! MMO/MMH = Billy-bob. Of course, MMO/MMH was absolutely dead set that by getting Alex instead of Geno we had doomed ourselves to damnation forever. Anybody here really sorry that we got Alex instead of Geno Smith???

He got ran out of here, but yet we could all agree we did not like Pioli and Cassel. I like having the different opinions around here, gets more people involved. The most discussed threads will always be the QB ones.Got me thinking, if the chiefs win a playoff game with Smith at QB, he's going to have so many years of "it's okay, he won a playoff game for us". If this happens, how many years does he get before the no playoffs/playoff wins becomes a thing again? Getting that win would be nice but it would suck if the fans just started to get lazy because KC won 1 playoff game and then the next 5 years they won nothing.
    No DOUBT that when Alex wins a playoff game Chiefs fans everywhere will let out a sigh of relief. As for everything going to hell once we break the curse, I just don't see that happening. Neither Reid nor Dorsey are the type to rest on their laurels as a result of winning a single playoff game. As I see things, Reid desperately wants to win a Super Bowl and Dorsey wants to be known as a GREAT GM. I don't see either of them slacking off after a single playoff win.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast