Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Royals vs. Chiefs

Default Royals vs. Chiefs

You want to know why the Royals have built an organization that is a 'legitimate' contender to win championships?
    Well, it's because they have a regime that not only understands the most essential elements to success, but also acts upon it.

It's pitching/defense:

1. A starting rotation that logs innings.
    2. A bullpen that shuts the door in late innings and shortens the game.
    3. An athletic defense that catches the ball and saves runs.

This is the aspect of the game where the Royals can't afford to be content with mediocrity. Of course there is no blueprint to a championship, and nothing is ever guaranteed, but this maximizes their chances.

In football, the most essential element is the play/ability of the QB, and to a slightly lesser extent, the philosophy of the head coach (which is, in large part, dependent on the skill/ability of the QB).

Of course baseball and football are vastly different sports, but the principle of placing the highest priority on the quintessentials (respective to their particular sport/league) is very similar.

To put it bluntly, the Royals are where they are because they've focused their efforts there, while the Chiefs have not ..... and continue not to.

My love and passion for both teams, and both sports, is as equal as can possibly be.
    But until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game, I can't take them as a serious threat to bring a championship to KC.

Hope/Optimism is one thing -- Expectation is another.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 07-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    So you have a better chance with a QB you draft to win a super bowl
    Yes. Quite correct. But not by much. Suggestions have been made that the chances of winning a Super Bowl with a QB acquired through Free Agency or Trade are negligible. The purpose of my post was to show that those chances are actually pretty good.

What's with the bolded stuff in the second quote?
    I got a bit carried away with the bolds. Mea Culpa. If you have a specific question about said bolding please ask.

Brees and Elway are the two that could be looked at different because they were traded before taking a snap with the first team.
    Actually, Brees played quite a bit for the Chargers before he went to New Orleans. His first game was Nov 4 2001 against our Chiefs. He started all 16 games in 2002 for the Chargers. He made a few starts in 2003 for the Chargers and 15 starts for them in 2004.

Good number crunching I like it. First super bowl is considered Packers v Chiefs so Namath did win SBIII (like others have stated)
    Thank you. Thanks to all for the corrections on what was the first Super Bowl. I had always thought that our Win over the Vikes had been the first official Super Bowl.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/superbowl_quarterbacks/

Don't care if it hurts my stance, but this shows qbs (winning and losing) in Super bowls and what teams drafted them.

Both sides have fair points and both ways will work, some want to see new things (drafting qbs and working on them) while others want to stay the course (fa or trade)

Also sorry for the jumbleNess of my post, work PC won't make it nice 
    The whole purpose of my last few posts I have made in this thread are NOT to suggest that drafting a QB is the wrong way to go. NOT AT ALL. Rather it has been my intention to show that a teams chances of winning a Super Bowl with a QB they acquire via Trade or Free Agency are perfectly good if the rest of the team is good.

I am in NO WAY against the Chiefs drafting QBs, be it in the 1st round or any other round. What I AM against is the notion that the only way the Chiefs can get to the "next level" is by throwing one 1st round pick after another at QBs until we finally strike Gold. A true STAR QB can win a Super Bowl with a mediocre to good team. A mediocre to good QB can win a Super Bowl with a GREAT TEAM. There has been NO great QB available to the Chiefs in the draft since Reid-Dorsey came to town so they have done the right thing, stayed with Smith and tried to build a good enough team to give Alex a chance to win a Super Bowl. If Murray, Bray or someone we draft next year turn into something truly special it's not as if having a team good enough to make Alex look pretty good will do said new QB any harm.

I mean...does anybody really want to say we should have drafted Geno Smith or Johnny Manzeil?????

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

I mean...does anybody really want to say we should have drafted Geno Smith or Johnny Manzeil?????
    My stance will always be Geno went to a terrible franchise. Rex is not a qb coach, that offense as a whole was terrible. I feel 85 to 90 percent of the qbs in the league would of been awful with the Jets.

I think I'm the only one around here who was fine with geno at number 1 that year.

I think I'm the only one around here who was fine with geno at number 1 that year.
    You are certainly the only regular here who liked the idea.

I'm such a F'ing idiot, breese played for SD lol I bet I was thinking Eli, which adds another QB to your list but puts him in the group with Elway
    No crime in forgetting something. Yup...same category as Elway. Drafted by a different team than he won Super Bowls with, though he never wore the uniform of the team that drafted him. Both of them are sort of "hybrids" in that way. But in the end, they are both *technically* 1st round QBs that won their Super Bowls with a different team than the one that drafted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't care what Bridgewater did in Minnesota last year -- he still would have been a developmental guy in KC.
    I haven't logged on in a few days, but I don't believe I said this. I'm quoted in it but those are not my words.

I haven't logged on in a few days, but I don't believe I said this. I'm quoted in it but those are not my words.
    Not my doing.

My bad. Didn't see it until it was too late to edit.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    My bad. Didn't see it until it was too late to edit.
    LOL! Aint no thing...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718