Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals vs. Chiefs

Default Royals vs. Chiefs

You want to know why the Royals have built an organization that is a 'legitimate' contender to win championships?
    Well, it's because they have a regime that not only understands the most essential elements to success, but also acts upon it.

It's pitching/defense:

1. A starting rotation that logs innings.
    2. A bullpen that shuts the door in late innings and shortens the game.
    3. An athletic defense that catches the ball and saves runs.

This is the aspect of the game where the Royals can't afford to be content with mediocrity. Of course there is no blueprint to a championship, and nothing is ever guaranteed, but this maximizes their chances.

In football, the most essential element is the play/ability of the QB, and to a slightly lesser extent, the philosophy of the head coach (which is, in large part, dependent on the skill/ability of the QB).

Of course baseball and football are vastly different sports, but the principle of placing the highest priority on the quintessentials (respective to their particular sport/league) is very similar.

To put it bluntly, the Royals are where they are because they've focused their efforts there, while the Chiefs have not ..... and continue not to.

My love and passion for both teams, and both sports, is as equal as can possibly be.
    But until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game, I can't take them as a serious threat to bring a championship to KC.

Hope/Optimism is one thing -- Expectation is another.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 07-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

With the starting pitching were only at maybe 80% if we can get the pitching right again we would be unstoppable

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    October? The Royals just went to the World Series, and at present have the best record in their league. They're out in front of the Chiefs right now -- not even debatable, imo.

Now if we get to February and the Chiefs are playing in the Super Bowl, we can revisit that conversation.
    Yeah. They were a losing team last year at this time and turned it around the second half. Even with the best record in the AL. They are only 4 games above the Twins. Any other team can do the same thing the Royals did last year and turn it on. The Royals could also go into a slump. The season is not over. They still have a lot of work to do. So do the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yeah. They were a losing team last year at this time and turned it around the second half. Even with the best record in the AL. They are only 4 games above the Twins. Any other team can do the same thing the Royals did last year and turn it on. The Royals could also go into a slump. The season is not over. They still have a lot of work to do. So do the Chiefs.
    Yea, anything can happen. There's still a ways to go.

What does any of it have to do with the point that the Royals are the better organization?
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Yea, anything can happen. There's still a ways to go.

What does any of it have to do with the point that the Royals are the better organization?
    What it has to do with anything is that the Royals were GREAT for half a season last year and it got them to the World Series. Just like the Chiefs went from 2-12 to 11-5 and went 9-0 in 2013. Half a season don't a dynasty make.

You are proclaiming that this somehow makes the Royals a better organisation and that is purest nonsense. "OH MY!!! THEY DID SO GOOD LAST YEAR!!!! THEY HAVE A BETTER ORGANIZATION!"

WHAT RUBBISH! Come back and make that claim in 3 years when you have a little bit of history to base it on. The Royals last year were the Mets of '73. Take a wee bit of a look at what happened to the Mets in '74.

Grow up and stop searching for nonsensical coincidences.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    What it has to do with anything is that the Royals were GREAT for half a season last year and it got them to the World Series. Just like the Chiefs went from 2-12 to 11-5 and went 9-0 in 2013. Half a season don't a dynasty make.

You are proclaiming that this somehow makes the Royals a better organisation and that is purest nonsense. "OH MY!!! THEY DID SO GOOD LAST YEAR!!!! THEY HAVE A BETTER ORGANIZATION!"

WHAT RUBBISH! Come back and make that claim in 3 years when you have a little bit of history to base it on. The Royals last year were the Mets of '73. Take a wee bit of a look at what happened to the Mets in '74.

Grow up and stop searching for nonsensical coincidences
    Exactly, and an example is his statement "until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game" -- which of course implies his thought of Alex Smith being a mediocre QB. Alex I not a mediocre QB -- only fantasy football retards think Alex is a mediocre QB.

Fantasy football is about stats. The NFL is about WINS. I'd rather have a playoff WIN with a QB that has pish-poor fantasy stats than 8-8 with a QB that is the best in Fantasy Football. The NFL always has been and always will be a TEAM SPORT. A super QB can certainly help a lot, but let's remember....Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.

Fantasy football is about stats. The NFL is about WINS. I'd rather have a playoff WIN with a QB that has pish-poor fantasy stats than 8-8 with a QB that is the best in Fantasy Football. The NFL always has been and always will be a TEAM SPORT. A super QB can certainly help a lot, but let's remember....Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.
    defense wins championships. If you never let them score you can't lose! I truely believe we have all the pieces this year to go all the way. We need to stay healthy though. Last year losing both our ILBs and our dline hindered us more than you might think.

Well, ok, but a dynasty was never even implied.

If I were comparing the Royals to say ..... the Patriots ...... your point would be valid. It's the Chiefs we're talking about. You know, the same organization that hasn't won a post-season game in over 20 years.

Going from 2-12 to 11-5 is nice, but we have nothing to show for it. Besides, that's not exactly a rare occurrence in the NFL these days.

The Royals went from 72 wins in 2012 to 86 wins in 2013. Nice turnaround, but so what? The Royals didn't stop there. They actually went out and got some hardware. They've followed that up by posting the best record in their league more than halfway through the season.

So if you're wasting bandwidth playing devil's advocate and trying to temper the hype around the Royals, save it, because the point has clearly sailed over your head. But if you're foolishly taking the position that the Chiefs are the better organization, I'd love to hear you to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Exactly, and an example is his statement "until the Chiefs do away with the philosophy of being content with mediocrity at the most important aspect of the game" -- which of course implies his thought of Alex Smith being a mediocre QB. Alex I not a mediocre QB -- only fantasy football retards think Alex is a mediocre QB.
    Alex Smith is the epitome of mediocre, but this conversation isn't intended to be specifically about Smith. It's about the laundry list of veteran QBs that the Chiefs have plucked off the bench of someone else's roster, and committed to said QB as the unquestioned leader of the team.

A philosophy that has gotten us more heartache than any fanbase deserves.

But hey, if you're content with making the playoffs periodically, but never being a serious threat to win a championship(s), that's your prerogative. Just don't object to those of us who aren't.

Actually, fantasy football is about wins. Just like real football, good stats generally add up to more wins.'

By the way, how often does a team with a great QB win only 8 games?

Yes, it's a team sport. That goes without saying. But just like in any team sport, there are equalizers. The QB just happens to be that in the team sport of NFL football.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast