Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Houston and the Chiefs reach contract agreement

Default Justin Houston and the Chiefs reach contract agreement

6 years - $101 million total.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...-landmark-deal

Very, Very expensive but he is in the top 3 defensive players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I just hope Houston keeps his motivation VERY HIGH. We've seen far too many players sit back and relax after getting a really huge contract.
    This, or when they sign a huge contract and then get injured. The guy obviously wants to play for KC, and took a hit to free us up this year in some cap space. Glad they were able to get this worked out before camp.

Looks like that bit that I found earlier was right. Hope that Houston has another banner year like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Looks like that bit that I found earlier was right. Hope that Houston has another banner year like last year.
    Good find of the reddit article, Brd.

Yup! That was impressive Demps. You were way ahead of any other fan sites that I have seen.

^^No Problem, and of course that led us all to suspect a deal was going to get done. Look out opposing QB's!!!

This contract confirms even more that Hunt, Dorsey, and Reid are here for one reason - to build a dynasty and win some Superbowls.

So now we've got a little flexibility left in our cap. Granted we've kicked a chunk down the road, but it'll happen at a time when we can afford it better. Poe will not be cheap, but if Houston was motivated to stay in KC because he thinks the team can win big, hopefully Poe will, too.

I'd also point out that jap1's plan of developing Dee Ford more, and possibly using him as a midseason surprise is now definitely on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    This contract confirms even more that Hunt, Dorsey, and Reid are here for one reason - to build a dynasty and win some Superbowls.
    AGREED! I think 2015 is a "transitional" year from rebuilding to consistent winning and that 2016 to 2019 will make us forget so many painful years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    So now we've got a little flexibility left in our cap. Granted we've kicked a chunk down the road, but it'll happen at a time when we can afford it better. Poe will not be cheap, but if Houston was motivated to stay in KC because he thinks the team can win big, hopefully Poe will, too.

I'd also point out that jap1's plan of developing Dee Ford more, and possibly using him as a midseason surprise is now definitely on the table.
    I fully expect to see Ford get slowly worked in now over the course of the season. I expect him to be starting by season end, with hali rotating in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12