Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1990 vs. 2015 I think we have a Winner!

Default 1990 vs. 2015 I think we have a Winner!

I know I "might" be going a tad overboard, but I think we might have all of the puzzles to complete the big picture. If you look @ our O & our D we our pretty loaded on both sides (tad weak @ WR & the secondary) This team reminds me a lot of the 1990 Chiefs.

We have a better team then we did in 1990. Granted we had Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross & Kevin Porter in the backfield. Let's play conservative ball (Alex's best strength) & move the ball. Let our defense keep us in the game. Nail-Biting stuff, but it wins games!

I really think we can finally beat the Broncos & move forward. For those of you that don't remember the 1990, then do a quick "google" & find out!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I know I "might" be going a tad overboard, but I think we might have all of the puzzles to complete the big picture. If you look @ our O & our D we our pretty loaded on both sides (tad weak @ WR & the secondary) This team reminds me a lot of the 1990 Chiefs.

We have a better team then we did in 1990. Granted we had Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross & Kevin Porter in the backfield. Let's play conservative ball (Alex's best strength) & move the ball. Let our defense keep us in the game. Nail-Biting stuff, but it wins games!

I really think we can finally beat the Broncos & move forward. For those of you that don't remember the 1990, then do a quick "google" & find out!
    I think 2015 will be a "transitional" year. We'll break the curse but we won't be a TRULY serious contender for the Super Bowl. But 2016-2019 I suspect the Chief will be "The Team To Beat" if any team wants a chance at the Super Bowl.

And I want to also say THANK YOU to Hunt for bringing Reid here and to Reid for bringing Dorsey and all the great coaches we have here. To be realistic the AMAZING change in the Chiefs all started with Clark Hunt deciding that WHATEVER IT TOOK he was going to get Reid as Head Coach.

We are not very weak in the secondary. So were fine there

Difference is that here in 2015 the Chiefs have a HC that has at least gotten to a SB, whereas Marty was sad-sack loser in the post season that could not get any team to a SB -- and sometimes because Marty just flat out quit on his team.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 07-15-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Difference is that here in 2015 the Chiefs have a HC that has at least gotten to a SB, whereas Marty was sad-sack loser in the post season that could not get any team to a SB -- and sometimes because Marty just flat out quit on his team.
    Demps...

I seldom disagree with you, but I will to a small degree on your post. Marty was not a "sad-sack loser". Not at all. He was just a guy that coached his team to be just a little better than "parity". He coached to keep his job. Lots of people work hard enough just to be good enough to keep their job. It's not a crime, but it is a losers attitude and it seldom, if ever leads to REAL SUCCESS.

Reid-Dorsey are NOT playing not to lose. They are playing to WIN IT ALL! And to accomplish that they are taking some gambles. GOOD FOR THEM! 2-3-4 years from now people may be flying planes over Arrowhead demanding Reid and Dorsey's head. I don't think it is going to happen, but if it does, so be it. But I'll tell you....these two guys don't go to bed at night and think about how to get into the playoffs. Instead they think about how to win multiple Super Bowls. I LIKE THAT ATTITUDE.

And think about it...as that HORRIBLE 2012 season wore on how many of us didn't long for the "parity plus" days of Marty Ball? I know I did.

But those days are OVER!!! We have leadership that is single-mindedly foccussed on WINNING!!! More than we have had in a long time. And I like that. Whether they succeed or fail, at least they are NOT trying to "not fail".
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-15-2015 at 09:15 PM.

^^Yes, Marty was a sad-sack loser in the post-season, and it didn't matter whether it was with the Browns, Chiefs, or Chargers. Marty in the post-season was a proven loser -- no two ways about it. He also proved to be a bonafide sucka$$ where Elway was concerned, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^Yes, Marty was a sad-sack loser in the post-season, and it didn't matter whether it was with the Browns, Chiefs, or Chargers. Marty in the post-season was a proven loser -- no two ways about it. He also proved to be a bonafide sucka$$ where Elway was concerned, as well.

Marty might of had bad coaching but its hard when your kickers don't want to make FGs (SD and KC)

Defense doesn't want to stop The Drive (cleveland)

Fumble the Ball at the goal line (cleveland)

Refs don't want to call a TD to a TE (KC)

and your Favorite a cheating broncos team

Montana leaving in the 2nd half (concussed) Plus the ball went through the hands of the receiver before the 2nd half

and i think this was with marty (could of been during the norv days), SD got the INT and then the dude fumbled it and NE got it back

He also had coaching failures (Elvis over Gannon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?) but what coach doesn't.

But i was a young lad around that time and didn't see the game as i do now so a lot of his coaching styles i missed but i do see where players made mistakes (and i could still be wrong on those).
    Last edited by doobs_05; 07-16-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Marty might of had bad coaching but its hard when your kickers don't want to make FGs (SD and KC)

Defense doesn't want to stop The Drive (cleveland)

Fumble the Ball at the goal line (cleveland)

Refs don't want to call a TD to a TE (KC)

and your Favorite a cheating broncos team

Montana leaving in the 2nd half (concussed) Plus the ball went through the hands of the receiver before the 2nd half

and i think this was with marty (could of been during the norv days), SD got the INT and then the dude fumbled it and NE got it back

He also had coaching failures (Elvis over Gannon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?) but what coach doesn't.

But i was a young lad around that time and didn't see the game as i do now so a lot of his coaching styles i missed but i do see where players made mistakes (and i could still be wrong on those).
    Doobs my wife sends her thanks for bringing up that choice as to this day I'm not over it and can still rant about it. LOL

WHAT A HORRIBLE CHOICE. UGH
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Doobs my wife sends her thanks for bringing up that choice as to this day I'm not over it and can still rant about it. LOL

WHAT A HORRIBLE CHOICE. UGH
    Quite correct, Matt. I recently saw the sideline interview with Marty before that game and he made it clear that he was sticking with Grbac throughout that entire game regardless of what happened. In other words, what Marty was really telling everybody was that he didn't care about winning that game.

It's not that, he believed he was making the right choice

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast