Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1990 vs. 2015 I think we have a Winner!

Default 1990 vs. 2015 I think we have a Winner!

I know I "might" be going a tad overboard, but I think we might have all of the puzzles to complete the big picture. If you look @ our O & our D we our pretty loaded on both sides (tad weak @ WR & the secondary) This team reminds me a lot of the 1990 Chiefs.

We have a better team then we did in 1990. Granted we had Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross & Kevin Porter in the backfield. Let's play conservative ball (Alex's best strength) & move the ball. Let our defense keep us in the game. Nail-Biting stuff, but it wins games!

I really think we can finally beat the Broncos & move forward. For those of you that don't remember the 1990, then do a quick "google" & find out!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Demps....

I've read your posts about the '97 playoff game and I am not entirely sure I understand them so I'm just going to ask you flat out to clarify them for me.

Are you suggesting that Marty deliberately threw that game or are you just saying that he made a VERY STUPID choice and then was too stubborn to correct that mistake in the middle of the game?

That question is not intended as an insult in any way. I'm just not clear which of the two you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Demps....

I've read your posts about the '97 playoff game and I am not entirely sure I understand them so I'm just going to ask you flat out to clarify them for me.

Are you suggesting that Marty deliberately threw that game or are you just saying that he made a VERY STUPID choice and then was too stubborn to correct that mistake in the middle of the game?

That question is not intended as an insult in any way. I'm just not clear which of the two you are saying.
    It was actually BOTH. Again, here was is where the checks and balances are not adding up. And too many people never bothered to question it.

Having pulled Grbac in favor of Gannon in a meaningless season final, after the Chiefs had secured the division title and homefield advantage throughout the previous week, there is no possible way that Marty has any excuse for not letting Gannon play in the playoff game when Grbac struggled the exact same way he had in the season final.
    You tell me if that adds up. Also, why was Marty so hell-bent on not letting Gannon play in playoff game against the Donks? He essentially stated so in a sideline interview before that game.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It was actually BOTH. Again, here was is where the checks and balances are not adding up. And too many people never bothered to question it.

You tell me if that adds up. Also, why was Marty so hell-bent on not letting Gannon play in playoff game against the Donks? He essentially stated so in a sideline interview before that game.
    Good and fair points. I'm not sure I am ready to accept the notion that Marty deliberately threw that game. To accept that idea suggests that the NFL is no different than professional wrestling. And if we believe that then what is the point of watching football if it's all rigged anyway?

I suppose the alternate explanation for Marty throwing that game is just good old fashioned CASH....but I just can't bring myself to believe that Marty was convinced to throw a playoff game for the sake of a substantial deposit in a Swiss bank account. I think he had more morals than that.

Does the NFL "coach" the zebras on the kind of outcome they would like to see? That I can buy. But I'm not ready to buy the idea that the entire NFL is just a big scam. How could I still be a Chiefs fan if I believed that???

Demp: You're "pissed" with my post. Granted. I won't reply because of your low-brow statement line in your 1st paragraph. No worries. We're still KC Chiefs fans regardless of your replies. I would sill have a beer with you @ Arrowhead.

To say an NFL coach didn't want to win an NFL game is INSANE! You're off your rocker! What is there some type of conspiracy? I cannot believe some people are entertaining these thoughts! Marty wanted to win.....PERIOD! We didn't that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    Demp: You're "pissed" with my post. Granted. I won't reply because of your low-brow statement line in your 1st paragraph. No worries. We're still KC Chiefs fans regardless of your replies. I would sill have a beer with you @ Arrowhead.
    No you wouldn't. I don't drink.

And if you're going to label something that's truthful as BS, then do know that you forfeit credibility doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    To say an NFL coach didn't want to win an NFL game is INSANE! You're off your rocker! What is there some type of conspiracy? I cannot believe some people are entertaining these thoughts! Marty wanted to win.....PERIOD! We didn't that's all.
    Again, another one-line dismissal that does not answer the germane point. And conspiracies do happen out there in the world, BTW.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 07-21-2015 at 02:46 PM.

C'mon Demps....Lighten up just a little. You know a ton more about the Chiefs and football than I do, but KCMASS is a good Chiefs fan who doesn't happen to agree with you on everything. That shouldn't be a crime.

"marty threw the game""Denver cheated that season"It's one or the other Demps

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    C'mon Demps....Lighten up just a little. You know a ton more about the Chiefs and football than I do, but KCMASS is a good Chiefs fan who doesn't happen to agree with you on everything. That shouldn't be a crime.
    That isn't what I'm saying. And the germane point I made was based on fact, not opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    "marty threw the game""Denver cheated that season"It's one or the other Demps
    Actually, it is both.

Brdempsey

Here's the element when it comes to Marty that I think you're missing when talking about that game

Stubborness

Grbac was brought in to be the guy. Marty and Carl both were a part of that choice. Marty was to stubborn to admit that move was a mistake and stuck with him. I don't believe that he didn't want to win that game. I think he was just to damn stubborn to make a move that was clear to anybody else.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast