Thread: Tom Brady Suspension

Default Tom Brady Suspension

I've been told the NFL has upheld Tom Brady's 4 game suspension

That would be cool. Now we wait for the NFLPA to bring it to an independent arbitrator. This one won't get settled any time soon.

In the report says he broke his phone even when he knew he was being investigated. I don't think the phone company can get the contents of the text but can get who he sent messages to, could be wrong.

yeah he asked a person to destroy his phone as it contained 400,000 text messages

A convenient coincidence at best.....and deliberately obstructing an investigation at worst. I know which I am inclined to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That would be cool. Now we wait for the NFLPA to bring it to an independent arbitrator. This one won't get settled any time soon.
    Granted, I think Tom Brady's reluctance to hand over his cell phone has more to do with protecting his family and friends (some affairs going on maybe?) than it does with underinflating footballs. If the NSA had to dump a bunch of phone lists recently - What gives the NFL the right? The NFL is an entertainment industry, not a form of government! So yeah can see this one getting appealed over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    yeah he asked a person to destroy his phone as it contained 400,000 text messages
    He's not smart enough to figure out how to delete text messages? I have a cell phone (though I use it less than once a month) but even I know how to delete texts. Tom Pinocchi Brady. If he tells any more "whoppers" he will be able to just drop the ball off his nose into the receivers hands.

C4l....NFL network is confirming your report.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 07-28-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The NFL is an entertainment industry, not a form of government! So yeah can see this one getting appealed over and over again.
    The fact that it isn't the government actually gives them more power. They are not limited by things like due process and the fifth amendment. It is a private business, and if you violate the rules of business you can be fired or suspended without pay. There is a much lower burden of proof in civil cases than in criminal cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    He's not smart enough to figure out how to delete text messages? I have a cell phone (though I use it less than once a month) but even I know how to delete texts. Tom Pinocchi Brady. If he tells any more "whoppers" he will be able to just drop the ball off his nose into the receivers hands.

C4l....NFL network is confirming your report.
    In Brady's defense, the only way to really erase the photos is to either destroy the memory chips, or overwrite the info. When an iPhone costs 5 minutes of work, sometimes it is just easier to destroy it when you upgrade. Imagine how much someone would pay to have Brady's phone. And then imagine how much someone would pay to recover the nude pics of Gisele or their "intimate videos" (not saying there are, but who knows) and sell them to the highest bidder. Then again, if he had nothing to hide except for his family's privacy, the he could have deleted the racy stuff, paid someone to overwrite the deleted parts, then turned over the phone in a very controlled way that could have logged what they looked at.

The bigger question is whether deleting it off your phone or destroying your phone actually deletes the data. I know Verizon stores all my texts so that I can open up their messaging app on my tablet or laptop and see all the messages there.
    Last edited by jap1; 07-29-2015 at 01:32 AM.