Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anybody here care about the Brady/Inflategate situation?

Default Does anybody here care about the Brady/Inflategate situation?

Y'know, being a Chiefs fan from New England I just plain naturally despise the splats, jets and gints. Just because I get them thrown in my face all the time. Just like I hated the scumskins when I lived in the Washington, DC area.

So I am glad for anything that hurts the splats.

But other than that, does anyone here give a damn about the PSI in the footballs?

I suppose that if the splats had beaten the colts in that game by 1 point or something then a case could be made that this was a big deal. But the splats won by 35 points. I can't bring myself to believe that a few disputed PSI made a 35 point difference.

So what is left is cheating as a principle. The splats have been caught cheating before, so I approve the severe penalty against the team....2 draft picks and $1 million. (does anyone know if that is just $1 million or $1 million in cap money?)

As to the 4 game suspension on Brady....As I said, I'm glad to see the splats lose him, but I wonder if there was really enough evidence to show that Brady knew what was going on?

IMO if Brady was an active part of a conspiracy to under-inflate the balls then 4 games wasn't enough. He should have been banned from the NFL. But with Brady destroying his phone I doubt we'll ever really know.

Maybe the 4 game suspension was a matter of "We can't prove it, but it sure seems likely so instead of a ban we're hitting you with a 4 game suspension." A compromise and deterrent.

I dunno..What do you other Chiefs fans think?

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I've kinda gotten sick of all the coverage about it ... and I haven't had a tv in 2 months. I think it really has nothing to do with the Colts losing that game, but has to do more with (possibly) blatant rules violation and not being cooperative with the investigation/destroying evidence.

If they did break rules and try to cover it up by destroying evidence, they should be punished. The organization more so than Brady, in my opinion, since they seem to have a culture there of being above the rules.
    Exactly how I feel. I just don't understand why the league doesn't supply the balls for the game. Then make both teams use same balls. Poof, problem solved and we never have to hear about this bologna ever again. Too simple of a solution I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12