Thread: Jason Avant presser after today's practice....

Default Jason Avant presser after today's practice....

He'll never be a world-beater, but I think he is a really smart and good receiver. I hope he can stay with our Chiefs for a while.

He's a great mentor for the younger WR's. And he does get open and catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    He's a great mentor for the younger WR's. And he does get open and catch the ball.
    That's EXACTLY the thing about Avant....he KNOWS that if the QB breaks out of the pocket then his (Avant's) job is to just find some damned way to give the QB an open target. Avant DOES NOT QUIT until the whistle blows. He's always looking for a chance to turn a dog turd into a big play. Something Wilson and Conley REALLY need to learn if we are going to field a truly impressive WR corps in the next couple of years.

DO You Feel It!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    do you feel it!
    ​hell yes!!!!!

August 15th can't get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That's EXACTLY the thing about Avant....he KNOWS that if the QB breaks out of the pocket then his (Avant's) job is to just find some damned way to give the QB an open target. Avant DOES NOT QUIT until the whistle blows. He's always looking for a chance to turn a dog turd into a big play. Something Wilson and Conley REALLY need to learn if we are going to field a truly impressive WR corps in the next couple of years.
    Wilson got a good idea of what Avant's approach was towards the end of last season, and when it started rubbing off, he started getting the ball a lot more. Now Wilson's coming into a very competitive situation with Maclin and Conley coming onboard and an offseason under his belt with Avant's work ethic in the back of his mind. There's no reason NOT to expect an improvement from Wilson.

And Avant does his job for a cap hit of less than $750,000. http://overthecap.com/player/jason-avant/754 Yeah....that's right... not even twice what a UDFA makes. Avant is a valuable asset to our Chiefs. He's just a reliable work horse that asks for no more than a little hay at the end of the day. And as has been pointed out he is a damned good influence on the young kids. But even without that he would be "high value" just for the work he does on the field. Dunno if picking him up was Reid or Dorsey, but somebody made a real smart decision. I LIKE the kid....and yeah...to me he's a kid....I look forward to seeing him catch a TD in a playoff game. I suspect he will.