Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy, Open it up!

Default Andy, Open it up!

The QB competition ..... open it up.

If it's truly about putting the best team on the field, then why not have a fair, unbiased competition at QB?

Is Smith so good that nobody else deserves a chance to compete for the starting job? Ha, I doubt it. The facts certainly don't support that.

It's obvious that the pass offense has been the weakest link on the team.

For the past 2 years, the rush offense has been top 10 ranked; the defense has been top 10 ranked; the special teams have been top 5 ranked in returns, and the Chiefs have gotten 15 return TDs (kickoff, punt, fumble, INT) the past 2 years -- that's #1 in the NFL over that span.

The pass offense has been ranked 24th and 29th.
    Is the QB position not accountable to that?

Why shouldn't Chase Daniel (and to a lesser extent, Aaron Murray) get a legitimate shot to win the job?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-20-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Chiefs run D is **** Btw, could be why the passing D is good

I thought it was good the first preseason game

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I thought it was good the first preseason game
    Going by past season ranks

The run d was definitely good tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Because this NFL is different teams now are based upon an elite defences and all you need is an average to okay offence, times change as the fans must change and evolve
    What in the world ......?
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Seattle proved this with their SB 48 win over the Donkeys.
    So Seattle's championship was proof, but all the other Super Bowl champion teams proved nothing?

By the way, Seattle's offense was pretty potent in that game too.

There is some truth to stevie rays post Alex needs to step it up with what he has. Sometimes competition makes people do that. Smith definitely has room for improvement. I don't know why the hell someone should get banned or told go away for voicing there opinion on a forum. If that's what this site has turned into that's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    There is some truth to stevie rays post Alex needs to step it up with what he has. Sometimes competition makes people do that. Smith definitely has room for improvement. I don't know why the hell someone should get banned or told go away for voicing there opinion on a forum. If that's what this site has turned into that's pretty sad.
    slc.....I don't like Billy-bob one damned bit. But I have never asked that he be banned nor will I unless he goes completely My Man.

As to Alex...he is what he is.....a pretty good QB (your idea of the meaning of "pretty good" may be different than mine). He is no better than that and no worse. I WISH we had a better QB. WE ALL DO! But I don't see any way that the current management has had the opportunity to get anyone better. And they seem to be making an honest effort to develop a "home grown star QB". What more can I ask? But then, I don't whine when I don't win the powerball either. I deal with reality rather than coulda, shoulda, woulda.

So I support Alex....not because he is an amazingly great QB but because I think he's the best that Reid and Dorsey have had the chance to get since we tarred and feathered Pissoli and ran him out of town on a rail. And in the end I AM A CHIEFS FAN. Always have been, always will be and I will always support any team we put on the field.....PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Agree with you here 100%

I gave Stevie my advice and now I will give those who take big issue with him some

If his post bug you that much there is ignore. Or if you chose to not take that option and see a post that he makes that gets under your skin before replying take a little walk do a quick errand before replying give yourself a cool down time. This is just a forum on the internet no big deal
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast