Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Andy, Open it up!

Default Andy, Open it up!

The QB competition ..... open it up.

If it's truly about putting the best team on the field, then why not have a fair, unbiased competition at QB?

Is Smith so good that nobody else deserves a chance to compete for the starting job? Ha, I doubt it. The facts certainly don't support that.

It's obvious that the pass offense has been the weakest link on the team.

For the past 2 years, the rush offense has been top 10 ranked; the defense has been top 10 ranked; the special teams have been top 5 ranked in returns, and the Chiefs have gotten 15 return TDs (kickoff, punt, fumble, INT) the past 2 years -- that's #1 in the NFL over that span.

The pass offense has been ranked 24th and 29th.
    Is the QB position not accountable to that?

Why shouldn't Chase Daniel (and to a lesser extent, Aaron Murray) get a legitimate shot to win the job?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-20-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    So Flacco Brees Rodgers Wilson all superbowl winning qbs the chiefs passed on
    To put it politely, that has nothing to do with nothing. Old, sucky management. CURRENT management is always looking for QBs that they can get without having to trade away an entire draft class. You said so yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    To put it politely, that has nothing to do with nothing. Old, sucky management. CURRENT management is always looking for QBs that they can get without having to trade away an entire draft class. You said so yourself.
    Quite correct, it's just a "your aunt would be your uncle if she had balls" scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My mistake I was thinking of last week.

The truth is we just don't no why the reps are the way they are. Like I said every coach has his own gameplan in that regards so it's no really something someone would be able to judge without knowing more IMO
    Quite right. We should all keep in mind that Reid tends to be secretive. He doesn't like joint practices in pre-season. Every few games he tries to come up with some new wrinkle that the enemy has never seen film of. For the most part I think Reid views pre-season as one big misdirection play.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Quite correct, it's just a "your aunt would be your uncle if she had balls" scenario.
    My aunt has some balls they are even autographed

Does that mean i have to start calling her uncle now?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I wish Bray would stop getting hurt all the time he has an amazing arm
    If the Chiefs have anybody on this roster that even resembles a long term solution at QB .... it's Tyler Bray.

That's sad.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Me I would rather draft one and take a chance then keep taking leftovers
    That is all well and good.....BUT....HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND TAKING A CHANCE????

Forget about the mistakes of the past. They are spilt milk. Water over the dam. A failed lottery ticket

DEAL WITH THE PRESENT AND FUTURE.

We won't be getting a top 10 pick anytime in at least the next 4 or 5 years. FACT. Our Defense alone will prevent that.

So what are the chances we get a chance at a true star potential QB without trading away half our picks to get him? Answer....just about NONE.

So what is the answer? Obviously what Reid and Dorsey are doing....building a great team around the QB we have while constantly trying to find a great QB we can get with the kind of picks we are going to have. We outbid Miami for Bray. We grabbed Murray. 2 QBs in 3 drafts. It's not like Reid and Dorsey aren't trying to find Smith's replacement. They are trying almost every year.

It was just our luck that in the 2013 draft when we had the #1 overall pick there wasn't a QB that was worth a dirty diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Pioli wouldn't have drafted Luck. He was too married to Cassel. Dorsey/Reid would have taken Luck #1 overall, if Luck had been available in 2013. Luck was clearly the best QB prospect since Manning in 1998.
    ABSOLUTELY 100% correct on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My aunt has some balls they are even autographed

Does that mean i have to start calling her uncle now?
    Only if those autographed balls are permanently stuck in her lower anatomy.

Seriously, though, this concept of "gotta draft a QB" is retarded. Any good GM is gonna look at all avenues to get a quality QB. Ron Wolf traded for Brett Favre when he took over as GM in GB. Dorsey is from that same school. Regardless if anyone is for or against Alex Smith, the fact is Alex has upped his game in the post-season, and there's no doubt that Dorsey/Reid want to get him some more post-season chances. Completely understandable.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-28-2015 at 02:17 AM.

That is all well and good.....BUT....HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND TAKING A CHANCE????

Forget about the mistakes of the past. They are spilt milk. Water over the dam. A failed lottery ticket

DEAL WITH THE PRESENT AND FUTURE.

We won't be getting a top 10 pick anytime in at least the next 4 or 5 years. FACT. Our Defense alone will prevent that.

So what are the chances we get a chance at a true star potential QB without trading away half our picks to get him? Answer....just about NONE.

So what is the answer? Obviously what Reid and Dorsey are doing....building a great team around the QB we have while constantly trying to find a great QB we can get with the kind of picks we are going to have. We outbid Miami for Bray. We grabbed Murray. 2 QBs in 3 drafts. It's not like Reid and Dorsey aren't trying to find Smith's replacement. They are trying almost every year.

It was just our luck that in the 2013 draft when we had the #1 overall pick there wasn't a QB that was worth a dirty diaper.
    My post on previous post said the exact thing about reid and dorsey that they are bringing in new blood to try and get it right.agree bad luck in 2013 if there were a qb worth a crap that we would have been set. Vd I don't doubt for one bit your aunt had a pair of balls

That was the beginning argument a few post ago about the chiefs not drafting a franchise qb since the 1970's so how is prior management not part of the argument

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast