Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Andy, Open it up!

Default Andy, Open it up!

The QB competition ..... open it up.

If it's truly about putting the best team on the field, then why not have a fair, unbiased competition at QB?

Is Smith so good that nobody else deserves a chance to compete for the starting job? Ha, I doubt it. The facts certainly don't support that.

It's obvious that the pass offense has been the weakest link on the team.

For the past 2 years, the rush offense has been top 10 ranked; the defense has been top 10 ranked; the special teams have been top 5 ranked in returns, and the Chiefs have gotten 15 return TDs (kickoff, punt, fumble, INT) the past 2 years -- that's #1 in the NFL over that span.

The pass offense has been ranked 24th and 29th.
    Is the QB position not accountable to that?

Why shouldn't Chase Daniel (and to a lesser extent, Aaron Murray) get a legitimate shot to win the job?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-20-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    History says they haven't spent a high draft pick on a qb to get a good one. As far as the stupid who else could they have drafted argument you have posted over and over on here. Here is a thought for someone as stupid as you its called a draft day trade keep up vdrempsey if you need a qb trade up get one. Rodgers Brees rivers Roethlisberger Matt Ryan Russell Wilson. All within reach of being drafted by k.c
    Rubbish!! The stupidity is all on your side. I already pointed out that it's not etched in stone that any of those guys would have had the same success in KC that they have had elsewhere, if KC had drafted them & you couldn't answer that germane point. And you also have no proof that anyone was willing to trade with them so they could select Big Ben or Ryan.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-27-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Right system for a new qb I will agree on that because none of them would have stand a shot with herm as coach. But if you don't take the risk until round 4 or 5 year in and year out. The results will be the same. No playoff win by a drafted qb in how many years. Reid is supposed to be a qb whisper if Alex don't step up. Why the hell not take one of the top prospects let Reid do his thing and snap that stupid record

Right system for a new qb I will agree on that because none of them would have stand a shot with herm as coach. But if you don't take the risk until round 4 or 5 year in and year out. The results will be the same. No playoff win by a drafted qb in how many years. Reid is supposed to be a qb whisper if Alex don't step up. Why the hell not take one of the top prospects let Reid do his thing and snap that stupid record
    Or the results could be just like the Cleveland Browns with repeated 1st round failures. Who cares if the QB was drafted by KC, if the Chiefs win in the playoffs?

Look at the current QB they drafted (Murray), and take note that he hasn't thrown a single pass in pre-season, as of yet. Obviously, things aren't progressing that well with Murray, and yet he was the SEC's all-time passing yardage leader. The round that he was taken in has nothing to do with anything.

those guys would have had the same success in KC that they have had elsewhere, if KC had drafted them & you couldn't answer that germane point. And you also have no proof that anyone was willing to trade with them so they could select Big Ben or Ryan.[/QUOTE]
    Odds are out of 17 years there were teams more then willing to trade a few spots. It has been the mentality of the chiefs upper brass at the time not to do it. Pretty easy to figure out vd

Basically demps you are trying the QB is not the most important player to a franchise argument again. Even though the QB touches the ball more than any player on the field has more control over the game then any other player. There is a reason why they are the highest paid there is a reason why they are the most sought after in a NFL draft. And there is a reason teams who try to get it right make numerous playoff appearances with numerous playoff wins. Andy Reid has identified this with the chiefs and as at the least taking the shots to find one.
    Not to mention that the QB is the only player on the field that must be aware of where all other 21 players are and what they're doing.

It's not a coincidence that the teams with the top QBs have the best chance to succeed year in and year out. It's also not a coincidence that the overwhelming majority of top QBs are taken early in the draft - moreso than the case is for any other position.

None of it is to say that the goal of being champions can't be accomplished by other means.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 08-27-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Odds are out of 17 years there were teams more then willing to trade a few spots. It has been the mentality of the chiefs upper brass at the time not to do it. Pretty easy to figure out vd
    Oh, so the teams that took those QB's were willing to trade out and miss out on taking those QB's? WRONG!! You can't substantiate or point out one example to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Or the results could be just like the Cleveland Browns with repeated 1st round failures. Who cares if the QB was drafted by KC, if the Chiefs win in the playoffs?

Look at the current QB they drafted (Murray), and take note that he hasn't thrown a single pass in pre-season, as of yet. Obviously, things aren't progressing that well with Murray, and yet he was the SEC's all-time passing yardage leader. The round that he was taken in has nothing to do with anything.
    I wouldn't say things are not progressing well with Murray. From the little of camp reports that I saw he didn't have a bad camp at all.

I think it has more to do with taking a look at our RB depth as those guys have a greater chance to play in games then Murray does. And I think he will do the bulk of the passing in game 4.

That just be because I really like Murray. And hey if Smith can't step it up this year I would like to see them see what they got in him next year
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

^^Matt, the fact that Murray has been somewhat MIA in this pre-season doesn't bode well. I would have thought he'd at least started the 2nd half in pre-season game one against the Cards.

Oh, so the teams that took those QB's were willing to trade out and miss out on taking those QB's? WRONG!! You can't substantiate or point out one example to back that up.
    No think about it for a second if you can the teams one or two spots before the teams that drafted them very well might have been for the right price.depending on their qb situation

^^Matt, the fact that Murray has been somewhat MIA in this pre-season doesn't bode well. I would have thought he'd at least started the 2nd half in pre-season game one against the Cards.
    I would to had Alex not played the whole 1st half.

The thing about preseson is it's very hard to tell where guys stand based on playing time. Different coaches have different ways to mix up the reps and they can change it at any time. But time will tell on that like I said I think we are going to see a lot of Murray against the Rams
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast